jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Removing link erroneously generates underline formatting

1. lone77star profile image88
    lone77starposted 10 months ago

This happens every time. HubPages notifies me that a broken link has been detected. I verify that the link is indeed broken. If so, I remove it (most part of the rush so many months ago to link to other Hubs, now unpublished). When I save the edit, I see that the former link is now formatted with underlining. Why? To make people think it's still a link? This is a bug. If I wanted to format the former link with underlining, I would select the underline formatting. As it is, I have to edit a second time to remove the unwanted underline.

Please remove this "feature."
    http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13017897.jpg

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 10 months ago in reply to this

This happens to me from time to time, too.  I just remove the link, save the capsule, and if it saves as underlined, I go into the capsule again, highlight the underlined text, and click the underline to remove it.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 10 months ago

It has been doing this ever since I have been a member and declared fixed at least once. Hopefully reporting it again will make them look at it again.

3. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 10 months ago

This issue as already said has been around for years and has been reported many times (including by me) and is still unresolved.

4. Venkatachari M profile image82
    Venkatachari Mposted 10 months ago

The broken link can be replaced with another valid link that is relevant to your hub. Why completely remove it?

1. lone77star profile image88
      lone77starposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I'm talking about removing the forced underlining (no longer a link). Sure, I could add a new link, but right now I don't have time to go searching for a new one. The point of this post was all about the extra step required by HubPages "bug" to remove underlining formatting that should not have been a "feature" after the link was removed.

working