jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Removing link erroneously generates underline formatting

1. lone77star profile image91
    lone77starposted 5 months ago

This happens every time. HubPages notifies me that a broken link has been detected. I verify that the link is indeed broken. If so, I remove it (most part of the rush so many months ago to link to other Hubs, now unpublished). When I save the edit, I see that the former link is now formatted with underlining. Why? To make people think it's still a link? This is a bug. If I wanted to format the former link with underlining, I would select the underline formatting. As it is, I have to edit a second time to remove the unwanted underline.

Please remove this "feature."

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 5 months ago in reply to this

This happens to me from time to time, too.  I just remove the link, save the capsule, and if it saves as underlined, I go into the capsule again, highlight the underlined text, and click the underline to remove it.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 months ago

It has been doing this ever since I have been a member and declared fixed at least once. Hopefully reporting it again will make them look at it again.

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 5 months ago

This issue as already said has been around for years and has been reported many times (including by me) and is still unresolved.

4. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 5 months ago

The broken link can be replaced with another valid link that is relevant to your hub. Why completely remove it?

1. lone77star profile image91
      lone77starposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I'm talking about removing the forced underlining (no longer a link). Sure, I could add a new link, but right now I don't have time to go searching for a new one. The point of this post was all about the extra step required by HubPages "bug" to remove underlining formatting that should not have been a "feature" after the link was removed.