jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (30 posts)

LetterPile Is Live!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 6 months ago

Happy Tuesday, friends! LetterPile the books and writing-themed HubPages Network Site is up and running. Please feel free to stop by and take a look. smile

1. Kylyssa profile image93
      Kylyssaposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Will LetterPile be a place where my serialized science fiction novel might find a home or should I look for someplace else to put it?

2. Robert Sacchi profile image88
      Robert Sacchiposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I'm having trouble with letterpile.  When I am sent there I'm no longer signed in.  It doesn't seem to have a signin with Facebook option.

1. Jodah profile image86
        Jodahposted 6 months ago in reply to this

You have to sign in again separately with your usual HP password.

1. Robert Sacchi profile image88

That's the problem.  I applied for an HP password reset.  I usually sign in through facebook.  They said they sent an email but I don't see it.  Yes, I looked in my spam & junkmail.

2. Robert Sacchi profile image88

Thank you.  It turns out the emails were going straight to deleted.  That makes it an issue between me and AOL.   Thank you for your assistance Jodah.

1. Jodah profile image86

No problem, Robert. Glad you resolved the email issue.

3. Robert Sacchi profile image88

I'm glad HubPages is attempting to do something to increase traffic.

3. TeriSilver profile image92
      TeriSilverposted 6 months ago in reply to this

How about this one?  It is recognized as an Editors' Choice.

http://hubpages.com/literature/JournalismBasics

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 months ago

https://i.imgflip.com/14bruy.jpg

3. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 6 months ago

OMGoodness! A niche site that includes poetry?!??! What a pleasant surprise. So poem hubs will be included or only hubs about the mechanics of writing such?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 6 months ago in reply to this

There are poems there. Too bad I deleted my Commode Ode awhile back. lol

1. janshares profile image88
        jansharesposted 6 months ago in reply to this

big_smile

2. Nell Rose profile image89
        Nell Roseposted 6 months ago in reply to this

lol

3. Kaili Bisson profile image95
        Kaili Bissonposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Ha!

4. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 6 months ago

I guess my timing was just right. I had never published poetry on HubPages until recently, and suddenly decided to publish two of them in the past couple of months. To my pleasant surprise, both were selected and moved to LetterPile.

I'm going to watch closely to see if they have the same positive results as all my other hubs that were moved to HP's niche sites. I never really expected much traffic from poetry, so this will be interesting.

Congratulations, Glenn.

5. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 6 months ago

This is great. Congratulations to everyone who has had hubs selected for this new site. Sadly none of mine have. I have been writing poetry (around 180 hubs), fiction stories, and hubs about the writing process here for seven years and even got a Hubby Award as Poet of the Year in 2014, but I guess mine don't measure up to be selected....not yet anyway.  Maybe, I just need to be patient.

Yes, be patient Jodah. Not many of HP's favorite poets are there yet. Hopefully, we'll see some of the familiar poets who are the best. I did get one article so far selected under the Writing category.

6. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 6 months ago

Congrats Jan. Yes, I can't help being impatient. I didn't really expect a niche site to accommodate poetry, so when I saw that announced just got excited as that's my niche. I see there are only a handful of poems there yet anyway..a lot of "writing" articles.

Exactly. The poetry pics will be interesting. I didn't expect a poetry niche either. As they say, be careful what we wish for . . . surprise! hmm smile

7. Venkatachari M profile image85
    Venkatachari Mposted 6 months ago

It's a good news! Everything related to books and literature is there. The name "LeterPile" is also very appealing. I hope to get one or two of my hubs selected into it.
    Congrats to all those who got selected to this niche site.

8. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 months ago

Maybe I should bring it back? But would HP move it to the niche site? What would really be neat is if HP were able to resurrect my original copy along with the comments it had accumulated, some of those were as good as the "poem" itself. big_smile

9. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago

For people wondering why their Hubs weren't included, remember that traffic is a very important factor.
      HubPages wants to create new sites that will please Google, and the best indicator of "Google love" is traffic - so if they are not favouring high-traffic Hubs above all, they are pretty silly!

I understand they are also adding new Hubs because they can be identified as suitable during the QAP process so that means they don't take any extra work - maybe Glenn published his at just the right time!

1. Jodah profile image86

Yes, I understand traffic is an important factor. There are poetry hubs there, though. Someone once said poetry just doesn't attract traffic. Obviously, some get more than others. Maybe they chose all "new" poetry hubs then as the criteria for that category.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I took a quick look at a few poems on the site, and most of them seemed to have three or four good images and a big chunk of text as well as a poem.    And that text wasn't just a few lines on why the author wrote the poem - they were extra information or reflections on the subject.

On some of them, purists might feel that the poem has become just part of the Hub instead of taking centre stage - I can understand that, but the fact is that it is the best way to improve traffic.

I do recall someone saying that once they had selected the high-traffic Hubs, they would look to see what categories on the new site were short of material, and come back and choose less popular Hubs that fit those categories. So that would explain some of them too.

1. Jodah profile image86

Yes, I have read Cardisa's hub, and 80% of my poetry hubs have extra text and more than four photos, videos etc. I am actually not very worried if I have hubs selected or not because the hubs I have had moved to other niche sites still aren't outperforming my best hubs on HubPages.
          I was just interested to know how poetry was selected for the sites. Admittedly there are only a few so far that are of original poetry and not commentaries on the works of famous poets.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
            Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Yes, it would appear that most of the poetry section is ABOUT poetry rather than being poems in themselves.

2. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I was surprised too, Marisa, that my two poetry hubs were selected for LetterPile. Timing is everything.

10. word55 profile image82
    word55posted 6 months ago

I have one there in "Poetry." Check it out and contribute to it: If God Would Give All...

working