jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Hairy monster teaches life lesson to young readers

1. chewtt2 profile image87
    chewtt2posted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Hairy monster teaches life lesson to young readers (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Diego Esperante profile image81
      Diego Esperanteposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Let me tell you from the beginning, these types posts aren't exactly appropriate for HubPages; I'd recommend looking for alternatives if, after changing it, it still doesn't meet the requirements.
      For one, it is encouraged that Hubs are 1150 words or longer, which is obvious that your Hub doesn't have, not even close. I realize this is different, since it's kind of "free marketing", but if you're trying to do this, I'd recommend you put more pictures (and maybe even change the one you have, since it's a bit blurry) and try to draw us in in some other way.
      You can also use a free program called Grammarly to proofread it (there's a paid version, but the free version works well).

2. willmcwryter profile image53
      willmcwryterposted 3 months ago in reply to this

wow this book changed my life.  you should put your review on Amazon where it will help more people. cuz nobody reads hubpages for book reviews

1. SmartAndFun profile image92
        SmartAndFunposted 3 months ago in reply to this

(But good points.)

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 3 months ago

I agree that this article needs to go more in depth. It is too short and doesn't supply enough information. Perhaps you can supply more information on the book itself, or on children's fears, or the author -- those are just suggestions.

You might also want to rethink the title. Think about what someone who needs this book might type into Google when looking for ways to calm their frightened child. Titles are one of the main differences in newspaper or news site articles vs. stand-alone online articles. On HubPages, where your articles basically stand alone, no one will find them unless they show up on Google (or other search engine) searches. The better your title matches what people type into a search box, the more people will find your article.

If you have been approved for Amazon sales through HubPages, use an Amazon capsule to send readers to purchase the book, rather than the link you have currently. Here is some information on setting up Amazon sales through HubPages: https://hubpageshelp.com/money/Learning … te-account

Welcome and best wishes!