jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Private or Govt schools Which one is best for kids development

1. Lgali profile image50
    Lgaliposted 7 years ago

Private or Govt schools Which one is best for kids development

2. Everyday Miracles profile image93
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I was a private school student who later transferred to a Government school. Based on my personal experience in the town in which I grew up, I would have to say that Government schools are better for children's overall development because they are less restrictive and allow more personal creative exploration. I learned faster and better in this environment.

That being said, we are choosing "neither" for our children and will be home schooling (with a ton of outside activities).

3. 0
    shreekrishnaposted 7 years ago

first i explain.

i goverment schools,
    many tutors don't concern about students much,
    becoz they got they got their salary at a fixed time.

but in private,
    tutors think that , when thier students do good , they get promoted & get awards.

in private their is no time fixed for awards.

so i think you got your answer.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image93
      Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That must depend on the part of the world (or even in my case country) that you live in. My private school teachers were awful and too busy abusing us to teach us.

1. 0
        shreekrishnaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

there can be chances ,
        but little,
        it can be in your area,

i think lgali should consult the people living in region where
        she want to find school.

4. 0

i have always learned in private schools.

5. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Oh I went to a public school in not such a good neighborhood. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I went to public schools all my life. I feel like I know a lot more than my friends that went to private schools. In private schools in my county there was a lot of drug use with daddy's money, sheltering, and really not more of an education. I graduated my public high school with a HS diploma, certification in allied health and a certification in medical lab assisting.

6. RKHenry profile image79
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

7. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Neither smile

1. Lgali profile image50
      Lgaliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that is nice to know

1. 0
        shreekrishnaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

now i know why misha has written that single word.

8. 0

than tell me mish ,

what to do she.

9. ledefensetech profile image82
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

Private schools are much better.  The reason is that they owe their existence to people choosing to send their kids there.  That provides a massive incentive to do well.  Public schools on the other hand, are not held up to nearly as strict a standard as private schools, because public schools are guaranteed money.

The reason private schools are so expensive right now is because of private schools.  In a society in which we don't have public education, there would be a demand for private education among all classes and schools would be founded to meet that need.  Have you ever asked yourself why our kids' grades are dropping like a Lead Zepplin when we now spend more money than ever on their education?  Yet private schools, who don't have the same resources to draw on tend to graduate more educated students.

Oddly enough, many homeschooled kids tend to do the best out of the three groups.  Wonder why that is?  My guess is that parental involvement shows kids how important it is to be educated.  You can't reproduce that in a classroom.

10. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Well I went to public school and I wouldn't change a thing. I am well socialized, smart, independent, and a good person. All of which I don't believe I would be without going to public school. Education is what you make of it. It cannot be forced. If a child does not have motivation and want to learn, they won't, whether their school is public or private. It is up to parents to follow up and be involved. But I wouldn't want to be home-schooled at all! No prom, no lockers, no football games, no favorite teachers, classmates, cafeteria. No way! Often the social aspect of school is just as important as the educational. Private schools aren't worth the money, and the pressure on students.

11. sassychic profile image61
    sassychicposted 7 years ago

Both. depends on the families morals, culture and how the parents and others were brought up.

12. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I think it depends on the actual school, itself.  There can be large variations between the quality of education offered by different public schools.  In general, I think private schools usually offer a higher quality education; although there can be "weird" private schools with "weird" (or at least misguided" attitudes as well.

I think, provided the school is a good school, a child's general development is more tied to the values and nurturing his parents provide than to the school.  With regard to his academic development, I lean toward thinking an excellent private school is usually better.  Even so, parents make a tremendous difference in that as well.