jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Vedic Renaissance

1. Utkarsh Vats profile image60
    Utkarsh Vatsposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Vedic Renaissance (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Glancing over this article, I have no idea what it is about. So...

1. You need a proper introduction to let readers know what the article is trying to achieve.
      2. Make sure you are writing the article to fit the title. Or choose a title that fits the article. I expected to find something historical or a resurgence of Hinduism or something similar.
      3. Remember that you are writing for a global readership. Mostly Westerners.
      4. In the image capsule, mention that it is used with permission. It would be nice to include the originator's name, i.e. A. Manivelu.
      5. Remote the ratings capsule - it's only for recipes.
      6. Instead of linking to YouTube, you can include a video capsule to display it right there in the hub.
      7. Take out the Facebook and Twitter text. That can be on your profile.

I'm not sure about the 'Chapter 1' part. Presumably this is a series? It might be better (but don't take my word for it) to have each article stand alone on its own merits. You can add internal links. The problem with hubs that run in a particular order is that the later ones receive barely any traffic. Aim for making each one independant of the others with unique titles that reflect the content.

Hope that helps.

2. Sam Dreiberg profile image84
    Sam Dreibergposted 4 weeks ago

Hey,
    Welcome to hubpages.com. Here is my suggestions :
    1. Title doesn't fit the content. You may include chapter number in title as well.
    2. The article lacks an introduction.As a reader,  I'm not sure what the hub is about and I will not start reading the chapter directly.
    3. A more specific image would be better.
    4. You may also add a summary / moral of the story.
    5. Use video capsule for YouTube video.

3. Utkarsh Vats profile image60
    Utkarsh Vatsposted 4 weeks ago

Thanks a lot for your reviews. Will make the changes right away! Thanks again.

working