jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon ads being taken down

1. kristadambroso profile image84
    kristadambrosoposted 4 weeks ago

Why are my Amazon affiliate ads being taken down from my articles? Also, I was disapproved for google adsense because they claimed I didn't have enough text in my articles, and I didn't have adequate space, or something, for ads. I can see google ads all over my articles, and my text is usually above and beyond what hubpages recommends.. What gives?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

Amazon affiliate ads will be removed from your Hubs if you haven't followed the rules for using them.

HubPages' rules can be confusing, and the Learning Centre is so big it can be overwhelming.  It would help you to read my Hub summarising "what you really need to know" about the rules - you'll find it on the slider on my profile.

As for Adsense - Google will not approve you for Adsense until you can provide evidence that you're a solid writer.   It won't even consider you until you've written at least 10 Hubs AND your oldest Hub is at least one month old.  So the reason you got rejected is that you applied too early.

HubPages will place advertising on your Hubs whether you have an Adsense account or not.  That's how the site is funded and why you are able to publish articles here free instead of having to pay an annual fee for hosting.

kristadambrosoposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you, Marisa, I will read  your article. I am finding a lot of it very, very confusing, but I'm pretty stubborn. I won't give up trying. smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Glad to help.  If you are really stuck, then please PM me (you'll find a link to message a Hubber if you go to their profile, then Fan Mail, then look for the link to email).

No point in applying again for Adsense just yet.  There's a time requirement as well as a number of Hubs.  Wait till you've been here a full month, then try again.

kristadambrosoposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Will do!

3. DrMark1961 profile image92
    DrMark1961posted 4 weeks ago

I just read your hub on osteoporosis, and a few others, and am almost sure that you will be approved by Google the next time you apply. As Marisa pointed out, it is just going to take a little bit of time so that they can see that you have written more articles. (You were not disapproved because of lack of length of articles. I think that is just their form email letter.)
    If you want to use the Amazon ads, (I have only a few, some others have more and make a decent income using them) you need to learn what new rules HP is applying. The ads have to be for products that relate directly to your hub, and it has to be a product and brand that you have experience using. Too much hassle for me, but up there in the US you might find products that relate and that you have used and suggest. (What about those vegan cheeses you mention that are so hard to find in the grocery store? An item like that, with a personal recommendation, would most likely be accepted by HP.)

kristadambrosoposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you DrMark! The products were items I recommend in my articles, so I'm a little baffled about why they removed them. I would prefer to use the Amazon program that's available through Hubpages, but it doesn't appear I can without the Google AdSense account. I tried to reapply, but they wouldn't let me. I suppose they want more time to go by. I've written one more article since applying, so I will try again. Thank you so much!

working