jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (21 posts)

If it wasn't so funny I'd be even more pissed off!

1. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

Well, somebody ripped off one of my hubs (Hubnuggets nominee How to Quit Smoking: An Easy Method). It's hilarious. You can see mine here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Quit-Smo … asy-Method

And theirs here:

Some of it is paraphrased (looks like it was translated into another language and then back into English), just enough that it wouldn't get an automatic flag on the hub. It's really funny because the stuff that was copied in its entirety is stuff about ME that is personal TO me!

What is with some people?!?

I flagged the hub and hope that this is dealt with forthwith!

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

It will be gone pretty quickly if past experience is anything to go by. You would think they would at least post it at another site.

Guess some people never learn. big_smile

Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL! That was my thought exactly, Mark!

They even commented on my original hub if I recall correctly! How crazy is that!?

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

LOL flagged it too, so it gets higher in the review queue smile

Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Misha!

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I joined you two in flagging the hub as duplicate.

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

I also flagged it, indicating it was copied much from your Hub submitted two weeks previously.

6. Everyday Miracles profile image92

Thanks, Nelle!

And Patty!

7. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

You're welcome, let us know what happens.

8. JamaGenee profile image87
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

"Nicotinism".  Yeah that's a common word.  See it every day in signs that say "No nicotinism allowed".  lol

I flagged the knock-off. And yes, the jerk *did* leave a comment on the original.  The nerve!

9. Kelsey Tallis profile image79
    Kelsey Tallisposted 7 years ago

The hub is now unpublished...

And I believe it is the same person that also left a comment in my 30STM hub about being excited about the third album, a hub which I promoted on the 30STM forum.

Ummm, ftr, some people over there have a very bizarre sense of humor... O_o. Not sure if the person in question is also a member of the 30STM forum, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if that were the case...

10. JamaGenee profile image87
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

Gone now.  That was fast!

11. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

Sorry to hear that they are stealing from you again.  But luckily, dumb criminals.

It reminds me of a story. I was a doorman at a club.  My buddy who was a bouncer got his wallet stolen at the beach.  Three nights later guys walks in and shows me an ID.  It was my buddy's ID.  Called him over and showed while the guy stood there and waited.  Let's just say it didn't end well for the thief.

Dumb theives always get caught and I am glad you caught him.

12. Everyday Miracles profile image92

I know, isn't it crazy? Think of the nerve, knocking off a hub and leaving essentially a link to your knockoff on the original hub? LOL!

13. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

It always kills me when people copy hubs on HubPages itself...

14. Everyday Miracles profile image92

Right, Susan. What's the point? It's going to get found (heck, we've got a GREAT community on here!) and it's going to get reported. So why even bother?

I don't understand how people can miss the point of originality. It is *so* important to getting good traffic!

15. Profmaggy profile image61
    Profmaggyposted 7 years ago

I'm so glad that you spotted this.  If no one speaks up, people will think they can get away with it.
    I write a lot of articles and they're legally everywhere on the internet and in magazines too.  However I have spotted a few of them posted on what I call "Dumpster Sites."  Sites that think they can dump anyone's work into while others filter through it and take for free whatever they want.
    Regulations are slow to catch up and it's important that we keep pressing for standards and enforcement of guidelines.

16. Everyday Miracles profile image92

It was actually Maggs224 who spotted it and e-mailed me. She gets the credit for having spotted it and gotten it taken care of for me!

17. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Holy crap, EM--this is the first time I've been around today so I just saw this--I can't believe it!! What a jerk sad  How did u find it??

18. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Seriously - they must have had more front than Blackpool. It's bad enough to plagiarise to start with - but peeing in your own back yard? That's wayyyyy naughty.

Glad it seems to have been resolved, in as much as it's been removed EM.

19. Music Marketing profile image61
    Music Marketingposted 7 years ago

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery smile

What would the world be like without plagiarism and spam? I wonder?????

I just got a fun idea if anyone wants to go with it. I am going to create a goofy short story 4 pages long. Everyone rip it off with a similar enough title so that everyone can compare. Let's see how goofy they get going down the telephone. Line, feel free to rip off the rip off's
    here is the link:
    http://www.hubpages.com/hub/The-best-st … paragraphs