jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)

Adsense and niche sites.

1. Saarith LM profile image95
    Saarith LMposted 2 weeks ago

Hopefully someone from Hubpages HQ can look into this.

I believe that those of us that are using a hosted account with Adsense are not getting any ad revenue on impressions from the niche sites.

I base this on the fact that my daily impressions on Hubpages vs Adsense differ by a factor of about 100.

Since almost all my traffic goes through the niche sites this can only make sense if Adsense is not counting the traffic through the niche sites. I also have all the niche sites verified with Adsense so that is not to blame.

Further, since this is a hosted account it should only work for a single domain, in my case Hubpages. And it seems that Adsense does not include the niche sites into a Hubpages bundle.

Now I hope someone from Hubpages can look into this as Adsense won't even acknowledge my existence big_smile let alone answer my questions.

Besides, there is also the question of Hubpages losing ad revenue of this is true.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I would like to know if this is an issue.  If so Hubpage should  have a help page on it to avoid any of us missing out on our income.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
        Glenn Stokposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

AdSense already has a help page on this. See the link I left earlier in this thread.

2. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 2 weeks ago

It's possible that you are only allowing AdSense ads for authorized sites in your AdSense settings. In that case you need to authorize every vertical niche site where you have hubs.  Go to "Settings > My Sites" in your AdSense account and enter the sites you want to authorize. You may notice that the sites already were automatically added to the list, but you still need to authorize them.

More info: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2781214?hl=en

Saarith LMposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Glenn.

Thanks for your input.

But no, I already have all the niche sites both added and authorized. And this continues to be an issue even if I remove the verification requirement.

Also, under "Setting -> Access and authorization -> Third Party Access" there is only Hubpages and Youtube listed.

Saarith,  "Third Party Access" has nothing to do with it. Mine says "0% of search revenue" because I'm not using any third parties. I'm sure you're not either. 

I would recommend that you add the URL of every hub to your "URL Channels" (found under MyAds). Then you can track every single hub individually with accurate results in the "Performance Reports". That's what I do.

In addition, are you using only AdSense or the HubPages ad program? If you're using the latter, then only very few impressions will show up on your AdSense because most of the impressions will be with other ads under the HubPages ad program.

Alright, I have added the urls. Let's see what that tells me tomorrow. Thanks for showing me this feature by the way.

I am using the HP program, but as I understand it there is still a single "pure" adsense ad at the bottom of the page.

Is it possible that the difference in daily page views is about 10 shown on adsense for every 1000 shown on hubpages?

Yes that is correct that there is still an AdSense ad at the bottom, that's why I said very few impressions will show up on your AdSense.

It's hard to compare the ratio because AdSense reports based on midnight to midnight, and HubPages reports based on the passed 24 hours (rolling count). However, I just took an average for the passed week and my page views work out to about 13.5 AdSense for every 1000 HubPages.

Alright.

It's been more than 24 hours since I added all my pages to the URL Channels.

The only articles that show up are the ones with hubpages.com domain. Out of 26 views according to Hubpages I got 6 impressions on Adsense for those two articles. That's ok in and of itself.

Here's the problem. Articles with the Hubpages.com domain only get about 2% of my total traffic. Why is the other 98% of my traffic not showing up in Adsense?

I know you previously said that you authorized all the niche sites. But if you're not seeing the traffic for AdSense then it seems that they are not authorized properly.  Did you confirm that each one of them has the on/off switch turned on?

Yes, they are all authorized
                  See the screenshot

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13608332_f248.jpg

I also see that you joined HP six years ago so you have a full Adsense account. HP users that got an Adsense account before November 7 2012 have a full account and should not have this problem. Only those that got the account later have a Hosted Account version.

Source: https://adsense.googleblog.com/2012/11/ … -host.html

I am now 99% sure that this is either a general problem with hosted accounts or a problem with my account.

Is there any way to contact HP directly about this as they are not pipping in here on the forum.

Edit: the screenshot is very small, but you hopefully can see the green tabs, at least they all look like the one below.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13608339_f248.jpg

True, I had my AdSense account long before HubPages. I realize things are different for people who signup for AdSense under HubPages, but I don't know what differences there are since it's not the way I did it. So I recommend you contact the team at team@hubpages.com and refer them to this thread.

2. Marketing Merit profile image88
            Marketing Meritposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi,

I also use the HP program but, like Glenn, had my Adsense account before joining Hubpages. I have articles on PetHelpful and Pairedlife. Impressions, views, clicks and earnings are showing against these on Adsense, as well as the original Hubpages site.

My page views only differ by a factor of 10. So, if HP is showing 5,000 views over 7 days, Adsense is showing 500.

Not sure if this helps, but at least it gives you some sort of comparison.

Hi Marketing Merit.

It's becoming obvious to me now that I am not getting any page views or impressions on Adsense from the niche sides.I had suspected it for some time, but the URL trick Glenn showed me confirms it.

What I don't know is if this is something just affecting me or is a systemic problem.

1. Marketing Merit profile image88
                Marketing Meritposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Sorry, but can't help with this aspect. Best wait for site team to respond to your email.
                Good luck!

2. psycheskinner profile image80
                psycheskinnerposted 13 days ago in reply to this

It would be a great help to us all of your sent this inquiry directly using the Help link above.  I have been meaning to look at my own stats and see but life keepings getting in the way, andit seems like hubstaff should have a definitive answer for this potentially important issue.

3. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 13 days ago

I don't know why, but the staff never chimes in on these Adsense issues.

working