AdSense verify site

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (40 posts)
  1. HoneyBB profile image91
    HoneyBBposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14014399_f1024.jpg 

A sense shows pairedlife and turbofuture in my sites section and suggest I verify those sites so I clicked verify all sites. Should I have done this or do I need to unverify them. I'm confused as it says sites you own but another part talks about sites you authorize your code to be on

2. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

All should be fine.

3. Cre8tor profile image91
    Cre8torposted 6 years ago

I just did the same thing while doing some long over due housekeeping and haven't noticed any issues.

4. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I mentioned this last year in my tutorial hub on “Tracking Hubs With AdSense” - You did the right thing. If you’re using authorization and you didn’t authorize any niche sites where you have hubs, you will not get paid for those hubs.

Of course you can always opt out of authorization altogether and get paid for any site your code is on, but then you run the chance of losing you AdSense account if thieves copy your code along with your hub and place it on a site that goes against AdSense terms of service. That’s the reason for authorizing all sites.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Glenn:

Many of us just got warnings about damage to our earnings if we don't ad ads.text publishers IDs to our accounts and also tells us what we need to ad.

My accounts have all been verified and I placed pub IDs on all of them, but I think this is something different and need guidance, specific steps, as to how to do what they want me to do to fix this problem...if in fact there is one.

A lot of people here have the same problem, so if you could start a new post with directions about this onerous warning that appeared on our Adsense account page, we would all really appreciate it.

I have a feeling that this has to do with the Maven changeover, but whatever it is, it seems to be negatively impacting income.  Hurry, please.  We need your help.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 6 years agoin reply to this

TT2 - I also see all those individual forum threads several people are creating about the ads.txt file. No one is noticing that others have already started a thread, so I’m not going to start another as you are requesting. There is no point.

This error is an issue for people who have their own websites. Webmasters may need to correct that file. However, it’s not something you need to deal with as far as your hubs are concerned. You can rest assured that HubPages staff will take care of this if anything needs to be done.

You say this seems to be negatively affecting your income. Are you guessing? “Seems to be” is not the same as “is” - Do you actually see your AdSense report showing zero impressions?

If you want to put your mind at ease about that error message in your AdSense account, search for your AdSense Publisher ID in the ads.txt under HubPages.com ( no need to search under each niche site) - if it’s there then you have nothing to worry about. When you search, drop the “ca-” prefix if you have that on your ID. That simply means you have a hosted AdSense account that you applied for direct with HubPages in the past. The ads.txt file has all the IDs starting with “pub-” and that’s okay.

What about the fact that I am unable to add new URL channels as per the directions in your hub?  I get all of them copied over and added, but I am getting an error message that stops them from being entered.  It says  These Characters Are Not Allowed: [space].  I copied the URLs exactly as they were from the stats page and cannot figure out what is wrong.  I had already deleted the original URL list, so now I've got nothing!

This is off topic for this thread, but I answered you in my hub where you asked that question. You are adding spaces after the URLs. Don’t do that. Why did you delete all your URLs anyway? Besides, if you followed my instructions in my hub then it works flawlessly. But as we discovered several months ago, you were changing the way I explained it in my instructions.

I did not add any spaces  I copied them exactly as they came off the stats page without changing a thing

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Probably because I didn't totally understand your instructions?

1. lobobrandon profile image87
                lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Just read through Glenns hub, I think he explained it perfectly. You just confused yourself by associating the recent emails with the process.

Go to the relevant URL; https://owlcation.com/ads.txt search for your pub ID, if it is there ignore the message. If it is not there, contact the HP team.

They are all the same copy of the file. No need to check each ads.txt under individual niche domains. If it’s in one, it’s in all.

Yes, but dengarden has a green tick, but owlcation showed a problem. They are copies, but errors could creep in, so if you got a specific error on some niche sites, like me, it's smart to just look at them all. 2 minutes is all it takes to check 27 niche sites which is not too bad. And most people will have to check just 2 - 3 (based on the error message).

What I’m saying is that it’s the same file. It’s a copy on all niche sites. They all have the same data. Even if you are seeing an error only for one niche, the file is the same as the one under HubPages.com

I agree. This is just to satisfy people. They are seeing an issue with one site and are worried, in that case just look at the ads.txt file of that site and then the reason to worry will be no more.

2. Jean Bakula profile image90
                Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So it's Ok then, unless it's one of our own sites?

And it's correct all the threads about the same issue are making this a lot more confusing than it needs to be.

2. Glenn Stok profile image96

Brandon, I bet most people will miss this post because if they are using threaded view then this will not be at the end of the forum, but somewhere in the middle because it’s an answer to TT2.  This is the problem we were discussing last week in another forum about the difference between chronological and threaded view that I was trying to make a point about. Oh well.

Can't help that now, can we smile you pointed it out last week and also a few years ago we had this discussion. If people need help want help they should read stuff. I doubt the hubbers are lazy like many readers. So it should not be a problem imo.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

When I go to that page all I see is a huge page full of numbers and letters.  How do you find your specific pub number without having to sort through all of them?

Search! Ctrl-F for Command-F depending on your computer.

I've got 18 URLs...most on niche sites.  do I have to search each one?

See my detailed answer above. Use chronological view.

No, you do not have to. But if it helps you feel better then do them all. Search on any one of them and you should be fine.

She only has one Publisher ID. She’s going to get confused now. Search the ID, not the URLs.

Yes search for your Google Adsense Publisher ID.

Use the search function. Ctrl+f

5. HoneyBB profile image91

Thanks all.
    Those ones automatically popped up for me to verify but I have hubs on other niche sites that didn't pop up in there so I added them. I just put (for example) toughnickel.com without the www or any other thing before or after, should I have been more specific or should this be good?

just the domain name. toughnickel.com should be good. Don't specify www or http or https

HoneyBBposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Brandon.

6. HoneyBB profile image91

I'm having adsense problems since I changed this. Now, I'm getting a message saying my ads.txt file doesn't show my adsense publisher id on pairedlife and hubpages.com. It says it could severely impact my revenue if I don't fix it but I don't have authority to go into hubpages and fix it so what do I do?

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Contact team@hubpages.com

Thanks, will do.

7. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

TT2 - This is getting a little crazy now. You never answered my question. Do you actually see your AdSense report showing zero impressions?

No.  Earnings seem to be there but are hugely smaller than they have been.  I can't even remember how to get to the page that shows the per title earnings so that I can know for sure.

Adsense sent me a list of about 6 URLs they claim don't have ads.text added, but I can't even figure out how to add them. 

I have my pub ID but checking it  is complicated for me.  I think I'm getting too old for this stuff (75 in May).  Need some hand holding.  Terms that guys like you take for granted, people like me just don't get.  Still have not been able to get those URLs to connect either.  Pretty frustrating!

Pull up the page with all the Pub Id's listed, press Control and the F key and a search box will come up, put your Pub Id number in there and if your Pub ID is listed it will be highlighted.

Thanks.  I did that, and it's there...but I'm still showing about 7 files that say the pub ID is missing.

8. HoneyBB profile image91

The team sent me an email to ease our worries...it says: The warning from AdSense should go away within the next 24 hours. This may have been an issue with AdSense updating their ads.txt records.

9. eugbug profile image98
    eugbugposted 6 years ago

Why is Adsense throwing up these errors if the specific publisher IDs they claim are missing are properly included in the ads.txt files? Is it because HubPages has updated the files in the meantime?

10. HoneyBB profile image91

In the email that I received from Matt from hubpage team he says that adsense is probably updating their records and that's why we're all getting these errors but it should be fixed within 24 hours however it has been more than 24 hours since my notice showed up although it may take longer since it happened over the weekend. I just realized I started this thread 6 days ago which means it's definitely taking more than 24 hours to fix this. Somebody needs to work on it right away because it doesn't appear to be fixing itself.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)