jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Hey I need help.

1. Gokkaya profile image60
    Gokkayaposted 9 years ago

Hello everyone i am new here. I found this site from the web. I see like everyone making money. Can someone help me work out google adsense and this site, how can i put google adsense to my hubs and stuff. I am 17 years old Is there a way i can make money from my hubs?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Gokkaya, you should get a welcome email from HubPages with some information.  Also check out Darkside's articles, I found them very helpful when I started.  The other obvious thing to do is click on the Help button!!

I wouldn't say "everyone" is making money.  To begin with, you can expect to earn only a few cents per article.  I've been here a couple of months and written 44 Hubs, and have only made about $4.

If you really want to make money, get yourself a Saturday job or try selling stuff on eBay.  I made $3,000 on eBay just by selling unwanted things from around the house (old stamp albums, coins, ornaments, clothes, toys, games etc). 

However if you enjoy writing and are willing to put in some effort to write interesting, informative articles (like in a magazine), you can eventually build up a readership and earn better money than I'm achieving!  How much depends how good a writer you are, whether the topics you choose are popular, and how hard you're prepared to work. 

Good luck!

1. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Marisa,

There are people making way more than you on Hubpages smile

It is possible. But I wouldn't count on OP making a living from Hubpages just yet smile Hubpages provide a great leverage to your texts, but it takes knowledge, time and dedication to figure out how to use this leverage... Writing a good text, while important, is just a small part of the equation.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I know some people are doing well!  I'd be shocked if I was doing much at this stage - I'm still a greenhorn! 

I guess my alarm bells go off when someone pops in asking how to make money, almost as their first post here.  It tends to suggest unrealistic expectations.

3. Apae profile image70
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

Wow, another young one in this place =]

I've only just started too, and am finding things a tad hard. My score is only 2 -cricri-

Lol.

I'm sure things will work out for both of us.

We can be new-hub buddies.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Make sure you're old enough to actually sign up for Google AdSense.  Be sure to read their terms of service, you may have to be 18 to legally sign up with them.

5. Apae profile image70
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

True that =]

Maybe Google is taking away your AdSense earnings for being underage?

1. Isabella Snow profile image89
      Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago in reply to this

You have to be 18 but you could still do it via a parent or guardian.

6. Apae profile image70
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

I use my Mum's account.

She's WELL over 18 lol.

7. Gokkaya profile image60

OK thanks everyone for the help. I will use adsense when I turn 18 then smile.

1. Apae profile image70
      Apaeposted 9 years ago in reply to this

You mean tell AdSense you're 18 when you're not? Or do the right thing? XD

8. Gokkaya profile image60

LOL. Also nice to meet you apae smile

9. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

No. Too much competition in this niche. It will require an enormous effort to get at least some traffic... and will not show positive ROI for sure...

working