jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Just curious... Unpublished hub scores

1. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

Why do they go up when they just sit there unpublished.  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

1. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Because an unpublished hub begins "aging" for Google's ranking purposes same as a published one.

2. freelanceworld profile image60
      freelanceworldposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Reasons only known to Hub Score Algorithm.Keep guesing
      But Its TRUE . Always Stew up your hubs before publishing.. say atleast a few days to a week  ..  More of a short term boost though.

Another TRUTH...there is nothing involved with GOOGLE here.
      I am not talking about re-unpublished hub's Hubscore here though.

Hope that helps

1. 0
        wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks flw!  That does help.

2. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

First one is lie. smile

3. darkside profile image85
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So in a day or two it rises up to 60 or so in the hubscore as unpublished.

But if you had hit the publish button, in less time it'll get to the same hubscore and continue climbing.

So I'm a little unsure how you came about this theory, especially with the experience of only 3 hubs.

2. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

No an unpublished hub is still invisible to google because the page is not live yet. I believe the score goes up because of your own page views while writing the hub - if you leave them lying around long enough the score does drop again

1. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lissie, please explain then why the score of a hub that was at the bottom of my statistics for months suddenly rose 10 points after I unpublished it a week ago and didn't touch it again in that time.  It certainly wasn't from my own page views.

1. 0
        MangoGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I may be wrong, but I believe it's because Google doesn't see your hub until it's published, but once you publish the hub Google makes a copy of it and that copy keeps appearing in searches even if you unpublish it again. I just took a guess, though.

2. 0
        wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I agree.  I haven't touch my unpublished hub and its score is still rising.  Must have something to do with how HP perceives it will perform on Google???  Weird.

3. kblover profile image91
    kbloverposted 7 years ago

I'd like to know why they drop while still being worked on.

That doesn't make sense to me. It's like reviewing a movie as it's being made or review the brainstorming phase of a book.

Why not just have it sit at 50 until published. It's disconcerting enough to see it drop after being published, much less to have it drop to 45 before publishing.

I'm starting to wonder what these numbers even measure to begin with. Like I'm a "92" what exactly does that mean/is measuring?