I'm posting these goals for myself in writing so that I can review them periodically and hold myself accountable in a public forum.
My first goal of getting 30 hubs done before leaving for vacation on Saturday morning will not happen. I will likely end up with 25 published. Of course, had I not set that goal, I may not have completed as many as I have. I have been able to average 1 per day which is an accomplishment given my busy life.
My second goal to hit 400 views prior to Sat am will be accomplished. I am at 388 now.
On vacation, I will have little access to the internet. I don't plan on being able to publish any hubs but will try to write a few when just lounging by the pool.
1. My writing goals for the remainder of the year is to have completed 200 hubs. That is under one per day but doesn't leave many days off.
2. I plan on answering 10 total HubMob questions. I have one completed.
3. I would like to see traffic of 500 views by the end of June and would like to add a modest 100 views per month by the end of the year so that in December 2009, I will have 1100 total views for the month.
4. I would like to have earned $4 on Adsense by the end of this month and add an average of $1.50 per month by the end of the year so that in December of 2009, I will have earned $13 for the month.
5. I would like to be known for quality content that is helpful or at least informative for my readers.
6. I would like to post helpful posts in the forums.
I plan on reporting on the status of these goals periodically (possibly monthly).
You can do it and I wish you all of the best!!!
This is great. Its a good inspiration to me to do something similar. Keep up the good work and stick to it, you can do it!
Its been awhile so I thought I would provide a quick update on how my goals are progressing:
1. I am at 62 hubs with the immediate term goal of getting 70 by the end of August. Don't know if I can get 200 done by the end of the year. Have some big projects coming up in the later part of the year. Plus I have started writing for eHow (see my hub on this) and have done 31 articles there which takes up some time.
2. I have written 9 hubs on HubMob topics. It is good for diversity and a change of pace.
3. Goal is for 3500 by end of August which should be acheived and 5500 by end of September.
4. Nearing the December goal as I have over $12 this month. Will revisit and revise upward for September.
5. That's up to my readers but I think my stuff is decent and fact-filled.
6. I try.
I love the way you think - putting your goals down in writing is always recommended but putting them here in public; that helps make you accountable.
What a fantastic idea - I should do this too. Just got to get those goals written down first.
Best of luck achieving these.
Thanks. I usually find that I get more done if I write it down and can check it off.
You go there. You can do it! LOL sorry had a few too many drinks tonight. LOL
Thank you both. I intend to stick with it for sure and let you know what happens.
Brief update on goals number 3 and 4:
3. I have 602 views as of this writing so I am excited that I am able to maintain traffic despite my limited presence while on vacation.
4. Can't comment on CTR but have $3.64 so far for the month of June. Just hoping for the occasional click for income but certainly not working on keyword maximization or going after keywords that pay a lot. Just wanting some consist slow growth over time.
I'm having fun and enjoy the learning experience.
I don't have goals and that's probably why I will never make a nickel doing this. Goals and planning and working things out sounds too much like work. If I wanted to work that hard I'd be out there fighting rush hour traffic.
Here is another quick update. This is my only internet access this week until I get home on Sunday. Goals number 3 and 4 are on target. Had almost 700 views by end of June and had made just over $4. Haven't written any hubs this week on vacation but have some ideas and can get some written next week to get back in the groove.
Thanks so much. I will keep this updated. I must say that I am impressed with the continuity of traffic despite my being offline for what seems like an extended period, even though it has only been about one week.
Here is a brief update on my writing goals:
1. I have published 31 out of 200 hubs for the year. I would like to get close to 40 by the end of the weekend. I have several ideas to get me there. Not sure how much time I will have but should be able to knock out 3 on Saturday.
2. I have answered 3 out of 10 HubMobs. I enjoy the variety of topics. It gets me out of my rut of trying to come up with my own ideas.
3. I am at 935 views already total. I should easily be able to be at 1100 total views by the end of July. I may have to adjust this goal upward.
4. I made $4.15 in Adsense for the month of June so I hit that goal. If I increase that by $1.50 and add to the $4, I should expect to see total earnings of $9.50 by the end of July (glad it has 31 days--LOL). I am currently at $6.82 so with the increasing traffic, it seems to be a realistic possibility.
5. I was nominated for the HubNugget wannabe this past week. I think that qualifies as decent content. I promise to do my best to keep it up.
6. Participating in forums. Hopefully some of my posts are helpful.
Good Luck mate, nice to see someone who has his goals all set out, hope you achieve them !
It is a good idea to set goals for yourself, hope you attain them all.... will be checking in to see... you could write a hub about this even
Thank you both. I find that writing down goals and objectives keeps me focused and allows me to accomplish more.
(Love Jack Sparrow, BTW. Watch those movies often.)
Here is another update regarding goals since it has been one week:
1. I have now published 37 out of 200 hubs for the year. I would like to get another one or two done before going to my cousin's wedding this weekend when I won't get much writing accomplished.
2. 3 out of 10 HubMobs answered still.
3. I am already at 1174 views. I am going to estimate 40 views average for the next 15 days and set a new goal of 1800 views by the end of July and another 1200 views in August.
4. Had 4 days in a row with clicks on Adsense, my longest streak thus far. I am at $8.33 total so $9.50 by the end of July is certainly within reason.
5. HubNugget hub on Heat Exhaustion ended up with most votes and has the most traffic of all my hubs.
6. I am participating in the forums and commenting on topics that interest me.
Weekly update. I will likely start moving some of this information over to my blog on making money online which I started in response to some helpful comments on another thread on the forums. You can connect to my blog on my profile page.
1. Published 40 of 200 hubs for the year. Obviously a slow week for hubbing since I only published 3. Definitely not at a rate of 1 per day. The challenge should help with that somewhat, but I can still be awfully busy, and this takes a lot of time.
2. Working on my 4th answer. Should be done by tomorrow in time for the first of the challenge.
3. At 1461 views very few of which are mine. In last 7 days, I have had more non-HubPages traffic than HubPages. The goal of 1800 is still reasonable and on target.
4. Clicking is following the increase in traffic and I am at $9.65 total with Adsense, and there are still several days left in July. I should end up over $10. Goal would be to get $8 in August putting me at $18 by the end of that month.
My gole is to publish 5 more hubs before the end of this month.
That's great, and I'm sure you can do it. I have found that the more hubs I create, the more traffic and earnings that go along with it. I will be working on the 30 day challenge that starts tomorrow which will nearly double the amount of hubs I have (from 40 to 70). That should result in a big boost.
Just a quick update while there is a break in the action from the 30 Hub in 30 day challenge.
1. Have 44 published meaning the 4 have been associated with the challenge.
2. Have done 4/10 HubMobs. Will work on this week's topic.
3. Gotten a ton of views with the challenge albeit mostly Hubbers. Over 1740 so 1800 by end of July is a lock.
4. Now I am just over $10 total. Just over $6 for the month so goal is met. Would like to get over $7 in the next 4 days but I'm OK with whatever happens.
hey everybody. Actually my goals why I am here is to ask help also I want to know my real grandfather. If anybody interested I'm going to tell his name here. It looks like my mom has been born not knowing her real father who died during the war.
These are nice, practical goals you have set for your time at HubPages and it is great how you are more motivated to do them when you declare what they are. Good luck to you.
Thanks much. So far, so good. I have gotten a lot of traffic with starting the challenge, but no earnings yet as a result. I think it will take some time to have an impact on earnings.
by Rajinder Soni5 years ago
My HP traffic down since last three to four days and it's a matter of great concern for me. I have already written 50 hubs for the contest but still I am not seeing the traffic that I was seeing post google algorithm...
by IsaiasPablo907 months ago
I've been writing hubs for over 2-4 years now and haven't made a dollar let alone a dime in a month. I keep hearing about how people make $100 a month but haven't explained all of the details on how they did that. I've...
by oderog7 years ago
Am asking this question to rate how am doing, how many pages view in a day would make you earn money from adsense
by Simran K7 years ago
I am talking about best and worst scenarios. I have been through many posts on the forum and other places. From what I understand, you can hope to make (in the best case) about $1 per month per hub. So is that true for...
by taviasylum5 years ago
What are the ways in which one can make $500 from adsense?
by GreenTime6 years ago
Hi,I have noticed that my analytics if showing good traffic to my hubs, but my adsense is not showing any clicks to my hubs ever since I started. I do not understand how I can have a decent amount of traffic and...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.