jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon help

1. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I have Amazon capsules on some of my hubs. Amazon does not seem to be recording the impressions even close to accurately. Anyone else have this problem? Am I looking at the wrong report in Amazon?

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think Amazon records page impressions, I think they only keep track of CTR.

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Don't forget Hubpages gets 40% of your impressions. I don't worry about impressions, so it's not an issue for me. I just track number of google visits and money.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Thanks, Richard and Nell. Amazon does record impressions -- at least one of their reports displays impressions. And the way my strange little brain works is that you can't have a click without having an impression. So if they're not accurately recording impressions, are they accurately recording clicks?

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Probably something is wrong. But in affiliate marketing clicks and impressions are always off. I've never had a set of figures be consistent - anywhere. The way things are, I'm happy if it seems I'm getting credit for most of my sales.

It's something you have no control over.