Highlighting New Hubbers as HubNugget Wannabes

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

The latest batch of interesting Hubs by this week's HubNuggets wannabes is up for your review now at:

How to Highlight New Writers: More August HubNugget Wannabes

Please read the 10 new Hubs and vote for your favorite on the poll at the end of the page.

Thanks, Everyone!

2. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Hello Patty! I'm on way way to read and vote!  Hurrah to the Hubnugget Wannabes! Woohoo! big_smilecoolsmile

3. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years ago

I see you've left the big roundup and headed into greener pastures. It's a good thing, too. I was running out of old west colloquialisms! Great job, Patty. And good luck to all the wannabes!

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Waaaal, i had to water them dadburned electrical eels! A might sparky, they was, too.

Thanks for readikng and commenting, you two smile

5. Late2class profile image61
    Late2classposted 14 years ago

I can't believe I'm a HubNugget Wanna Be.  I wish you could see the big grin on my face right now, Whoo Hoo!!!!

1. ripplemaker profile image78
      ripplemakerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hehehe maybe you should take a photo of yourself esp. the big grin.  smile

6. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Voted.  Congrats to the wannabes!

7. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Voted already, done my part to this endeavor that helped me last week. Congrats wannabes enjoy the week, its your time to shine...

8. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Congrats to all the hubnuggeteers on some great writing and to the 'picking team' for a job well done. Once again the voting was tough as the choices offered were really great.

9. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

Zsuzsy, it's so lovely to see you at the polls so faithfully every week.  What a loyal newbie supporter!  smile

I also have cast my vote for the week.

Wonder which Wannabe is going to do the most promoting of their hub to drive up votes?  Hmmmm.

10. Herald Daily profile image57
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

The deed is done, I have voted.

I'm feeling all manly after reading about wrestling school.

11. Kent Merritt profile image69
    Kent Merrittposted 14 years ago

I am thrilled to have my hub selected for the HubNugget Wannabe competition!!  Thanks to everyone who selected me!

This is a great way to network with fellow writers, and I really appreciate the extra exposure!  I'm new to HubPages - well, I guess all of the nominees would be - and I appreciate all the traffic I can get!

Thanks again, everyone!

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmn I presume you are correct, but I hope we hubnuggets wannabes past and present we'll never like the greyhounds I posted in my newest hub... selected and culled again in the voting process then forsaken at the end... I'm not really happy with my profile score now of 92 I'm stuck with this score for two days already, the promotional prize seemed to be not working for me, i'm not getting good number of traffic for the past few days, and I'm getting lonely already and disappointed... especially seeing one from my batch a HubNugget like me getting all the attention and promotions, i love her though but I can't help myself getting jealous... But its okay with me, maybe my hubs are not that good enough and big improvements and makeovers should be done to make it even more competitive... it was an irony i'm getting good profile score when i was not part of the hubnugget wannabe but it tumbled down from 95-96 to just 92 now...

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
        Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please don't despair, General.  It's perfectly normal for traffic and hub scores to ebb and flow.  It happens that way for all of us.

If you keep writing hubs and mingling, it will continue to climb (and dip).  The passing of time helps, too.  The longer you're here and active, the more stable your score will become.  Still, it and your traffic will always wax and wane.

Your hub was of quality good enough to be chosen from more than 2,000 hubs.  No worries, you talent shines.

Hehehe that was a moving post there thanks for clearing the cobwebs off my head and for the great info too...
          All of a sudden my profile score reach 96 again, hmm I wonder I why...
          I just realized getting a profile/author high score is the most important for me here, I wish I could reach 100, hehehe that is my ultimate dream here...

1. emievil profile image68
            emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey GH, be patient! You'll reach it, don't worry.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Good luck, Kent!  Don't forget to promote your hub like CRAZY!  No spamming or leaving links in comments or forum threads, though please.

12. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

How do you suggest a hubber for hubnuggest?

Easy, Sandra.  You just email either ProCW, Patty Inglish, B.T. Evilpants or myself and make your suggestion.  We always look at nominations but we can't promise or guarantee that they'll be chosen.  They have to fit the criteria.

Feel free to suggest away.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome, do I pick just one hub or the whole profile?  I do have someone in mind.  big_smile

Sending the hub link is best, however, it does have to have been published in the previous seven days of the HubNuggets week (Wed.) Our report is listed by hub title and these days, contain 2,500 - 2,800 hubs.

Hope that helps.

1. profile image0
            sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OOps, I just sent you a message about 20 minutes ago.  I just sent the whole profile because I wasn't sure... I will then keep a better eye out. big_smile  Thanks Shirley.

2. Lily Rose profile image86
        Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is the criteria, other than having to have been written in the preceding 7 days?

13. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Good luck Kent.  Just being nominated is an incredible achievement!

14. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Well General, it took me several months at least to hit 100; a little longer still to spend some time staying there.  My score still dips down as low as 96 sometimes.  That's okay because I know it's going up again.

Emi's right, you'll get there, too.  smile

15. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Okay, what happened to the message I typed on the bottom of the previous post?  Are we having technical issues again, maybe?

16. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Hope not. smile

17. DoodleLyn profile image71
    DoodleLynposted 14 years ago

I'm going over to read the hubnugget hubs now. Getting a cup of tea, reading, and then voting. Having been a hubnugget nominee when I first started (2 months ago), I remember the thrill. I want to do my part to keep the newer newbies hubbing. Hoping some of this makes sense. I'm off...see you in the polls!

Cool hehehe, im in despair for the past few days hehehe, and i think my tantrums was not on the right place on the right time, yeah as a former hubnugget wannabe and hubnugget, I think it is our duty to support wannabes no matter what... you've visited my hub before hehehe and I really appreciate you've done that.now its our time to pay our dues to hubnuggets team by going out and voting and even support these neophyte authors.

@kent >>> you have a blazing start hehehe keep it up hehehe my score just hit 97 hehehe I hope I can raise it even further. goodluck...

18. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks fo rall the reading and commenting, Hubbers!

19. Kent Merritt profile image69
    Kent Merrittposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Shirley and dohn121 for the encouragement!

The highest my Hub score has been is only 90.  I assume this is because I've only written 8 hubs, though.  But, I'm with GeneralHowitzer - I'm shooting for 100, or at least a 97 to 99!

I've also noticed that keyword searches return results from hubbers with higher scores, correct?

20. mommyfreelancer profile image75
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

Voted! smile

Good luck to all HubNugget Wannabes! You should put up the badge made by Cam Anjou in your hub. Here is the link:

http://z.hubpages.com/u/1513534_f260.jpg

HP staff, I'm assuming here that this badge is for all Wannabes to use, right?

PS. How about a badge for being a finalist? smile

xoxox

21. mommyfreelancer profile image75

General, if it makes you happy, my score has dropped, too sad
    I was at 96-97 last weeks, now am at 92. smile

Hehehe yeah it really makes me happy... lol... of course not...

Sorry mommyfreelancer I got jealous with you, hehehe... my score was stucked at 92 for two straight days few days ago and it triggers despair on my part, but thats the way it works here hehehe... hayz smile

22. DoodleLyn profile image71

I'm not sure it has anything to do with it, but my score picks up for a couple of days when I publish a hub. If I don't publish for a few days, it drops down again.

Thats good, yeah posting new hubs (quality not substandard) will trigger (most of the time) your score hehehe, i did that few days ago my score of 92 soared to as high as 97 when I posted 3 hubs...

23. DoodleLyn profile image71

Yeah, that happened to me, also. Guess we just have to keep writing! lol.

24. nikki1 profile image61
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

Welcome to all u hubnuggets, hope you have fun with your articles. Gt involved in our forum, clubs,.
    Plezd to meet you all..

25. profile image0
    Duchess OBluntposted 14 years ago

Ok, I feel really bad.  I haven't been posting or on the forums much in the last couple days.  Just busy checking out all the hubs from my fans.  Phew, time consuming!  But very educational.

mommyfreelancer, that badge, can we use it on our blogs too do you know?  It's cool

You can use it anywhere you like, Cam donated it for HubNuggets use.  It would be nice if you gave her attribution somehow, if possible.

26. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

And this week's five winners are:

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Big-Three-H … e-are-they
    Social Media's Big Three - How effective are they? - Duchess OBlunt

http://hubpages.com/hub/Woodstock-3-Day … ears-Later
    Woodstock: 3 Days and 40 Years Later - Kent Merrett

http://hubpages.com/hub/St-Louis-Food-Traditions
    St Louis Food Traditions - late2class

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Recogniz … e-Guidance
    How to Recognize Intuitive Guidance - PWalker281

http://hubpages.com/hub/Finding-A-Docto … Health-...
    Finding A Doctor When You Do Not Have Health Insurance - Wife Who Saves

CONGRATULATIONS!

27. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Yay, HubNuggeteers!!!  Congratulations and hearty best wishes to all of the contestants.  Everyone did a fantastic job.

28. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Congratulations to the winners! I got to visit the winning hubs last night before resting! smile  Let's celebrate!!! big_smilesmile

29. mommyfreelancer profile image75

I see Shirley beat me to answering you, Duchess Oblunt. smile
    There's no badge for being a finalist yet, though.

Love you, Cam Anjou! smile

30. mommyfreelancer profile image75

Looking for Cam Anjou's profile. What's her hubber name? Thanks.

31. mommyfreelancer profile image75

Saw her. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)