jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Re: Url trackers not changing

1. Eileen Hughes profile image81
    Eileen Hughesposted 9 years ago

Just a query.. for two days when I click on url trackers it comes up with the same amount $1.49 and same amount of views and signups.

Just wondered if this happens from time to time or ???

People have left comments etc yet still same.

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I'll take a guess and say that it seemed that the stats seemed to be frozen for a day or two.

It has happened before. But as soon as they were back to normal it added the missing stats. So it was all still being tracked.

2. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 9 years ago

The amount will same the same unless visitors to your hubs have arrived via a tracker link..

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Eileen,

You'll only get a signup if someone comes to HubPages using your link, then decides to join. 

Sometimes people will come to HubPages using your link, but they won't join right then.  They may come back later and join - and if they do that by just typing in "www.hubpages.com" instead of clicking on your tracker again, you won't get the signup. 

People following your tracker to look at your Hubs will register on your tracker statistics, but people who find your Hub in other ways (which is probably most people) won't.

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yes you do get the sign up.

Provided they are using the same computer and do it within 30 days of clicking on the URL with the tracker in it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Ah, that's good.  I didn't know that.  Thanks!

4. Eileen Hughes profile image81

Thanks  everyone,  yes it was the frozen same of everything that I meant.  As people had left comments so that means someone had visited my hubs.  Yet nothing at all changed. for 2 days every figure was the same everywhere.  So thats good it must have become frozen.  thanks again.  Just curious. 

We learn more everytime we ask and that is good.

5. Eileen Hughes profile image81

Just went in again then and its the third day and everything is still the same.....Weird  thats 3 days now.

working