jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (30 posts)

Anybody Experiencing a Traffic Slump? Say Yea or Nay...

1. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 7 years ago

I've noticed my impressions have diminished by about a third for the last few days.  It's the kind of thing I usually associate with a holiday, but I'm not sure what's going on right now.  Maybe the start of the university quarter...? 

So is it just me, or are any of you also experiencing a slump in traffic to your hubs?

1. 60
      PirateGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

just you !

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Things are on an upswing from where I'm stats-watching. 

But I also don't look at things on a day to day level.  I compare week to week or month to month now that I have three years of Hub stats.  It gives a more accurate and realistic portrait that way.

3. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Its not you alone because i noticed the past 6 days, my traffic dropped drastically. Dont know why, but i was quite worried. But my earnings today was the highest i've ever attained, and still climbing it seems. (popping in and out of adsense lol)But traffic still very bad.

1. mymagicview profile image53
        mymagicviewposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I want to say the same thing.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Nope, my daily views have gone up smile

3. mkott profile image79
    mkottposted 7 years ago

I keep track daily and mine has dropped off the last few days.

1. 60

Try tighter elastic, works for me smile

4. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 7 years ago

Yes for today (although today has been my highest adsense day so far), but no for the week... way up.

1. 60

Way to go !

1. Pr0metheus profile image59
        Pr0metheusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

:-D... Also, a hubber once told me (don't remember who) that traffic tends to go down a bit on weekends... (less time to slack at work I suppose, haha)

1. 60

Saturday night is clubbing night smile

5. 0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

i just noticed you could look at each individual hub's traffic. i'll get back to you on this one...

6. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 7 years ago

Mine have gone up by quite a bit.  But my Hubscore on my profile seems to be stuck for the past several days, hasn't changed at all, and it usually fluctuates.

So, I don't know what is going on.

You might want to dash over to your AdSense account and check out their stats, and see how they compare with HubPages.

7. Aqua profile image79
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

Yes, views definitely fluctuate on weekends for most of us.

My traffic has been pretty stable lately though. If anything, it's been increasing slowly but surely. smile

8. 0
    Louidam1posted 7 years ago

My views has gone up a little.

9. Fiction Teller profile image60

Thank you for your responses, all.  Verrrry interrresting...it seems to be just an isolated thing, not a trend for most folks. So I'm now very curious as to why my organic traffic has slumped.  Off to check stuff...

10. Jerilee Wei profile image93
    Jerilee Weiposted 7 years ago

I don't know, mine have been unusually off but that happens from time to time so I don't worry about it much.  I was chalking it up to the new season on TV which tends to draw people here in the states away from their computers?  At least that's been my theory.

11. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Things are looking good for me too. Traffic, clicks, sales all on the way up!

12. DennisBarker profile image60
    DennisBarkerposted 7 years ago

moving up here, slowly, but nevertheless in the right direction.

13. steffer profile image57
    stefferposted 7 years ago

yay, moving up in traffic thelast couple of days, but now my traffic in hubpages and adsense aren't right.

i have way less views in my adsense account from hubpages, than in my hubpage menu.

1. sandwichmom profile image60
      sandwichmomposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have the same issue- but i am new so I wasn ot usre if that was normal

14. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

Mine are down, but they are usually up and down.

I've been doing other things, so it's not like I've been trying all that hard to boost my stats.

God, I had enough of stats at my last job to last a lifetime! The last thing I want is to have to worry about them here. smile

15. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Was in a big slump last week, but things are looking better than ever now!

16. Bard of Ely profile image89
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

Mine go up and down and in the last two days have gone from 100 down to 96! Going down despite a new hub!

17. Fiction Teller profile image60

I see there was another thread on this.  I'm not sure about the rest of you, but my organic traffic is still way down (organic traffic is natural traffic from Google search, Yahoo! search, etc.)  Offhand, I can think of several possible reasons why traffic would fluctuate, but I still haven't figured out why I'm seeing such a drastic prolonged downturn.  Haven't yet checked one by one to see if a number of my articles have fallen off the search engine cliff, though.  Is this truly happening only to a few of us?

18. Gemsong profile image85
    Gemsongposted 7 years ago

Hard to have a slump when you're still in the basement. But I think someone has opened the basement door.

1. 0
      lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yep, seems someone left the stop light on green for me. Google exceeded hub traffic and am seeing traffic from google au, uk, mail, yahoo search etc. Revenue is still trickling but it all creates a nice flow.

19. elisabethkcmo profile image80
    elisabethkcmoposted 7 years ago

my traffic slump is directly related to my creative slump

20. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

Yes, my traffic is down quite a bit.  I am hoping it is just normal fluctuation.