Hubs with scores of 100

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Delilarose316 profile image60
    Delilarose316posted 14 years ago

I would love to ask anyone with a hub score of 100 to let me know so I can read your hub. Or maybe just some advice would be fine. I'm not really here just for scoring purposes, but to be truthful I do care and would like to know what type of hubs and writing styles go into scores so high.
    How high does the scoring go?

thanks for any advice.

1. Lady_E profile image72
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I understand where you are coming from but I would suggest you consider 97 upwards. There are some excellent Hubs with this score. I've read quite a few. smile

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you click on the link at the top of the forums that says "hubs" you can view the hot and best hubs, and you'll find many examples of 100 scores.  You'll also probably find that many different types of topics and styles of writing are represented.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I'd love to give you the name of a Hub that's scoring 100, but the scores fluctuate so much, it probably won't be 100 by the time you look at it.

3. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Delilarose, 100 is the highest for any Hub; but, as Marissa said, scores fluctuate all the time.  If you look at Hubs that have scores, maybe, 95 and above it should give you a rough idea (but you'll also see a very wide variety when it comes to what "type" of writing/Hub they are).  Since you've been a Hubber for just a short time, keep in mind that it takes just a little while for Hubs to be found, get read, be voted up/down, etc.  Even the ones that end up with a higher score start out low, sit for a little while, and have to "work their way up".  I think it takes a little longer yet for newer Hubbers.  It doesn't take long, though.

4. Delilarose316 profile image60

Thank you both for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. I have noticed the numbers fluctuate alot. But there is a difference with one in the 90's and one in the 50's. So I will check out what I can in the 90's. I thought asking in the Forum would help me filter out the higher ones. Actually you two should be sufficient. I look forward to reading your hubs.
    Thank you.
    I wish I had more time in a day to read all the hubs, because I love to read.

DelilaRose

5. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Delilahrose, when I say the score fluctuates, it can fluctuate a lot. I had two Hubs - one about Helium.com and the other on volumizing hair - that hovered at or near the 100 for months.  The Helium.com one is now down in the 80's, though I've done nothing to it.

The HubScore is a reflection of the amount of traffic a Hub is getting, among other things. It's also affected by your reputation as a Hubber, and things like the number of comments and thumbs-up the Hub has.  So, not so much about content.

Because your Hubber Score is a factor, that's going to keep your Hubscores down to start with, so be patient and let it build.

One tip that may help you - there are things called Flagship Hubs.  The program isn't operating right now, but the Hubs have a specific format - and I've always thought that if the HubPages team recommends a particular format, it must have something going for it! I rarely manage to include everything they recommend, but it's a good starting point - read about it here:

http://hubpages.com/help/flagship_hubs

6. Delilarose316 profile image60

That was my next question-Helium. I have a page but I just can't seem to get into it. I like it here.
    I know I'm a newbie but I like to be where I'm comfortable.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My personal opinion - don't touch Helium with a bargepole.  But it really depends what you're looking for.  Some people seem to love Helium.  I like to earn decent money for my writing which is why I prefer it here.

7. Delilarose316 profile image60

Yeah I'm definitely going to look at hub scores in the 90s.
    And I believe I will probably stay away from Helium. Some things work for some people and not others.

8. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I agree that Helium offers things that a lot of people like/want; and I don't, personally, have anything negative to say about the site (in view of the fact that I've never particularly cared about what I've posted there, so usually don't mind that I can't delete it).  Still, I've earned far more on HubPages.  Then again, the stuff I have (and have pretty much abandoned) on Helium does pick up a little money each month (which is always nice, even if it's only a little).

What I prefer about HubPages is that writers are pretty much presumed to be adults and responsible for their own stuff.  Help is here if anyone asks.  New/young writers who thrive on getting more "support" than that from other people may enjoy the "we're-all-here-to-help-everyone-else-write-better" flavor that Helium has built.  I like that on HubPages we can interact with other members on a social level on the forums, but when it comes to what we write, it's neither a competition nor a "big, team, effort".   smile

9. Delilarose316 profile image60

Agreed.

10. wsp2469 profile image59
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

I've not been here long and my highest score ever (so far) was 88.  Nevertheless, if you read some other forum posts you will learn that the scores have to do with MORE than the actual writing.  I don't know WHY that is and I no longer care enough to investigate.  I will simply tell you what i have told others.  Enjoy yourself.
    If you spend too much time researching this it will just make you wonder.  You'll wonder why community participation is significant, why people with built-in audiences are writing side-by-side with people who do NOT have built-in audiences, why people who write hubs on subjects that easily attract people are put into the same class with more creative people, why people who write in forums and write comments get put in the same class as people who actually WRITE, why people who just post pictures get high hub scores, why people with NO hubs have hub profile scores as high as writers who actually write . . . trust me, the list is endless.
    Don't stress it.  Write what you and your readers enjoy and forget everyone and everything else.  Heck, you don't even get PAID to actually write here so you should have fun!  (Yes, you can turn your hubs into e-bay extensions but you do not get PAID for your actual hubs!)
    I collect my writing money from other sources and just kick back and enjoy myself here!  You should, too!

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's right, wsp2469, HubPages isn't making a judgment on the quality of your writing with Hubscore - how could it, the process is automated. It is linked indirectly, in that a major part of Hubscore is how much search engine traffic the Hub gets - which presumably indicates it's worthy of some note.

HubPages doesn't pay us directly, but we do get paid. And you don't have to turn your Hubs into ads for eBay, either (take a look at some of mine, they're not ad-heavy).

2. Delilarose316 profile image60
      Delilarose316posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your insight. I do enjoy myself here writing about whatever, whenever, its kind of liberating. I don't get paid either because somehow I screwed that up. Writing to Justices at the Law Court and writing here are two different things and this is just more enjoyable and dare I say theraputic?

11. wsp2469 profile image59
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

I don't think the automated system of search engine traffic can truly indicate anything about the quality of the writing.  I would say it indicates something about people knowing you are here.  Don't you think that is more accurate?

Even then, if you get too imaginative with your titles you hurt your score.  If you write about something everyone is searching for online--something I call a "no-brainer"--your hub gets a LOT more traffic than it deserves.  I saw a horrendously-written hub on Micheal Jackson immediately after he died and it had a score in the 90s.  Every person who attempted to READ it should have been given points for his/her effort!

Yes.  That is what I meant; thank you.  We do NOT get paid to write.  The pay here is due to the advertising, exactly. 
    I wasn't taking a shot at you, marisa.  You have been here for TWO years.  I would certainly hope that you would have a decent score by now, right?  I've only been here 5 months and my highest score was already 88 so I would sure hope you would know what you're doing.
    However, I think if you look at some of the people with score similar to your own you will see that some of them literally refer to their hubs as "E-bay" hubs.  You probably already know who I mean!  I would think it would make you wonder why an E-bay whore would score higher than you, no?
    I don't write ad copy.  I write what I ENJOY.  I used to write for newspapers.  The lines were clearly drawn there.  A columnist or reporter got paid to write and was on one side of an office line if you will.  Business staff on one side, writers on the other. 
    I don't quite understand all of that yet but my boss, Cooke2cook, does.  Personally, this is FUN for me.  I enjoy getting actually paid for my writing elsewhere.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)