jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Slideshow or Thumbnail

1. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I'm curious as to which photo option you guys prefer? slideshow or thumbnail?

2. College politico profile image59
    College politicoposted 8 years ago

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

I like the thumbnail option.  I used both when I first started, but find thumbnail suits my style better.

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Thumbnail because you can see all the photos and choose which to expand - but you get an ugly bit of white space if your photos are a mixture of whitespace and landscape!

5. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I prefer thumbnail when reading hubs, as like you've mentioned Lissie you can choose which images to look at. But, I was curious as to what others thought. Because, I know when using them, I don't like the white space left when one photo may be taller than the rest. And, it seems no matter my cropping and resizing abilities, I can never get it right.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? Even if I set all the heights the same, there's usually one picture that remains taller than the rest, creating the ugly white space. I try making those pictures my first image, but eh, I still don't like it. Ha.

I figure with the slideshow, fewer people would actually look through the photos.

Anyways, any more thoughts?

6. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Whatever I feel best serves the hub and the presentation of the content.

Which in my case is usually thumbnail.