jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Growing Fruits and Berries - need 10 case studies

1. Seafarer Mama profile image86
    Seafarer Mamaposted 6 years ago

Dear Fellow Hubbers,

I have an exciting new opportunity to share with you today.  I have recently signed a contract with a publisher in Florida to write a how-to book about growing fruits and berries.  The audience will be the average homeowner who would like to cultivate an awesome landscape around their home and include fruits and berries in that landscape.  The outline is due November 20th and the final draft, with a 65K word count, is due January 22, 2010. 

These case studies are important to the publication of the book and your commitment to contributing is much appreciated ASAP.  Please let me know some of your background in the field that supports your case study, too.  All those whose case studies are used in the book when it is published will receive a contributor's copy from the publisher.  I'll need to know your email address so that I may send you the questionnaire and consent form, too.  Mine is ssdragonheart@charter.net.  Please contact me only on this subject, though.  Thanks so much in advance for your support.

2. Seafarer Mama profile image86
    Seafarer Mamaposted 6 years ago

It's been almost a week and there is not reply because this message seems to have gotten lost among so many.  What else can I do to revivie this request?

1. rmcrayne profile image96
      rmcrayneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Make it more clear what it is you are asking people to do. 

Maybe there is another forum that is a better match for the topic.  Maybe "gardening" under Home and Family Forum or "nutrition" under Health Forum.

3. Jerilee Wei profile image94
    Jerilee Weiposted 6 years ago

Not real clear what you are asking for either.  If you are looking for people who have done case studies here in Florida, then your best bet is to all your local Agricultural Extension Office and speak with someone in the Master Gardener Program.  They help for free and are a wonderful resource and are run by the experts at the Univeristy of Florida.

If you are looking for other hubbers who can help you, some like myself have horticultural degrees and regularly write on such topics.

4. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 6 years ago

I would like to help but I'm in Canada and my know-how is for my area and won't do you much good in Florida. Sorry

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Maybe you need to define what a case study is.  Are you really looking for professional case studies written by qualified horticulturalists, or are you  just looking for ordinary people to write a story about how they've successfully grown their own fruits and berries?

If its the latter, do they have to be specific to plants that are suitable for the Florida climate?