jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

We need a free counselling service...

1. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 6 years ago

Hello all,

Some friends of mine (including myself really) need to find someone we can talk to about things.

Does anyone know of a free counselling service we can contact online?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

When I first saw this I thought you were referring to some posters on the forum big_smile

Sorry, don't know of any.

1. rmcrayne profile image95
      rmcrayneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

UW You are so right.  Read a couple threads this morning with posters who I'm sure are diagnosable. 

Sorry Andrew, not sure about online help, and don't know how things work in the UK.  Maybe you will get some leads at the site Ms Chievous posted?  Here in the US there are some nurse phone services that are actually pretty good.  I'm shocked your school has no provision.

3. Black Lilly profile image78
    Black Lillyposted 6 years ago

What kind of counselling you need?

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Are you REALLY Sure you want a Free Service?
    I've noticed that often you get what you pay for!
    Sometimes free = Cheap & Nasty Advice lol

If you have specific concerns and can identify them as such, you are quite welcome to email those specifics to me and I will do my best to offer Free & Good Advice on those issues that fall within my knowledge base. smile

5. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

Careful!  There are very specific ethical paramaters for counselors and on-line services are not bound by much of the normal rules.  Better to find a friend or a church where you can talk personally.

6. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 6 years ago

Talk to a friend, or someone old enough that can  give you good advice.
    I think i'm old enough. If you need advice e-mail me
    Nice 2 C U ! smile

7. 0
    zampanoposted 6 years ago

Is it about your girl friend again ?
    What have you finally decided last time ?

1. 0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It isn't actually -
      It's because our school offers us no support...

And me and her are cool - we were out last night. Had a good time. We've decided friendship is the way to go.

1. 0
        zampanoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hope you find the advice you're seeking.

8. lawretta profile image50
    lawrettaposted 6 years ago

I am the only free love doctor here so speak up!

9. TINA V profile image81
    TINA Vposted 6 years ago

If you have a relationship concern, you might be interested to visit my hubs. 

You may also check out this website www.drnadig.com but they charge a certain fee for their services.

You can send  me an e-mail if you have specific questions. I hope I can help you.

Have a good day!

10. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 6 years ago

National Alliance of Mental Health.. Website can guide you some places for couseling in your area.

11. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

well, have no idea about anything online but I do know around here, you can contact local churches or universities that can set you up with free counseling one on one or in group settings. When I was in college, the psych grad students offered a free counseling program to volunteers.

12. 0
    Scott.Lifeposted 6 years ago

Young man, the very best counseling you could find is for you and your friends to talk to each other about what's going on, share your common issues, and support each other. As far as finding someone online, I would be really careful, and would try for someone out there in RW first.