jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

One third of Americans are in hunger?

1. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Tell that to left they have all answers.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You mean the magical "trickle-down effect" can't solve this? Speaking of trickling down, are your shoes tied?

2. h.a.borcich profile image59
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

The stats on world hunger are terrible...

every 3 seconds someone dies of starvation.

US stats say 1 in 8 American kids go to bed hungry and that many senior citizens do too.

We need to face the truth on this and do something. Any thoughts?

3. TimTurner profile image80
    TimTurnerposted 6 years ago

Here in Phoenix, we have 3 homeless high schools and 3 homeless middle schools.

I had NO IDEA schools existed for homeless kids to this degree.

The homeless kids go to school to get the two meals a day for the most part.

4. Len Cannon profile image90
    Len Cannonposted 6 years ago

There was a period last year when after I lost my job where I had to choose between rent and food for awhile. It wasn't my proudest time.  Obviously everything is fine now, but I can believe that American's would find themselves in that type of predicament.  Especially with so many people living pay check to pay check only to have that income suddenly disappear as their business cuts jobs.

5. h.a.borcich profile image59
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

It is very hard to realize our country has so many without the very basics of food and shelter, yet it is true. Many don't know they are just 3 pay checks from being on the street. Makes wonder how those with so much don't feel compelled to help.