jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

I'm getting traffic but no ratings

1. 0
    Sarra Garrettposted 6 years ago

How do you get people to rate your hubs?  I'm getting the traffic, but no ratings.  Yikes is my writing that bad?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

By "ratings" do you mean the thumbs up/down, Sarra?  Just so you know, we don't ever see how many thumbs up and thumbs down Hubs receive.  HubPages used to show that info but so many authors got so hung up on that info, they no longer reveal those to us.

1. 0
        Sarra Garrettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually, yes the 'ratings'.  Too bad they don't show that I would be interested in seeing it.  Thank you for your input

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Not sure what you mean by ratings, Sarra?  I had a look at some of your Hubs and they seemed to have a reasonable Hubscore and a few comments sprinkled around.

If it is comments you want, you will probably need to write about something a bit more contentious, or read lots of Hubs and leave comments yourself.

If it is Hubscore, well you say you have the traffic?  The only thing that struck me that some of your Hubs (the Alligators one), are a little short (though I am one of those people who can never keep a Hub short, sharp anc concise!big_smile)

If you are here to make money, the fact that you are getting traffic is great, and you should write a Hub on getting traffic!

If you want a critique on a specific Hub, post it in the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum Thread.

1. 0

Yes, I do need to be a little more lengthy on my hubs.  Thank you for your input.

3. Benjimester profile image90
    Benjimesterposted 6 years ago

I took a look at your hubs too and they seem like they have a decent initial score.  It took me a few months to get a hub that scored higher than 75.  The only thing you can do to get people to rate your hubs is just to throw in a tag line at the end of your hub "Please don't forget to rate this."

I think you'll find though that hubs will fluctuate randomly up and down quite a bit.  Hubscore really isn't very important for individual hubs.  If you're getting good amounts of traffic, that's the most important thing.  Best of luck.

1. 0

Thank you for your input It is greatly appreciated.  I'm still new to Hubpages and am learning.  But I am having a lot of fun in my writing creativity.

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I think nanette111 has been popping up on varies topics today. best to ignore and report. And your hubs look fine to me.

1. 0

Thank you very much.  I appreciate all the input.  I'm still learning.  And whoever nanette111 is she's got to go!
      C R E A P Y

5. lawretta profile image50
    lawrettaposted 6 years ago

hi people, i missed u all!