jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

1. 0
    SirDentposted 8 years ago

I posted a hub this morning that is my own writing. After checking it later I am being told that it is a duplicate hub. Hence the message: DUPLICATE: Our system has detected a high number of duplicates of this Hub’s content on the Web. [learn more]

What do I do???

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Recall where else you posted this same text. And pick which one you want to remain published.

3. 0

I can't recall ever posting it before. I did a search on google for the title and got 350,000 results. Could it just be the subject or title of it?

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

A lot of your articles use a lot of quotations.  That could trigger a duplicate flagging.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

The same thing happened to me a few months ago.  I had definitely written it myself.  I had never posted it anywhere else on the internet.

I believe you can send it back to HP for review, with an explanation.  I did that, and it was allowed to be published.

6. 0

I just deleted it. The subject of the hub is all over the internet. It is my own writing but I used a lot of Bible verses in it. No big deal really.

7. trakker14 profile image60
    trakker14posted 8 years ago

loved the picture.....

8. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

You can always put it forward for review.

The filter is automated, no one has flagged you. It's a matter of you putting it forward for review and one of the humans at HubPages HQ having a look over it and giving it an exemption (if it passes muster).

9. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

When I first started here, every hub I wrote came up with the page that asked if it was your original writing. I'd just click yes, and everything would be fine.  I haven't had one deleted yet.

10. 0

I undeleted it and put it up for review. It has been three days now and it is still flagged. Should I give another day or two or just go ahead and delete it again? ?

11. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Be patient.  The Staff at Hubpages are super super busy, so just bear with it. 

Everything will clear itself up!

12. 0

Thanks for the help everyone. smile

13. 0

It's been 7 days now since I first published the hub in question.

14. 0

Well how silly can a man get? I unpublished it after it was flagged and kept seeing red and thought it was still under investigation. Little did I know that it was released and may have been released for a few days before I actually read about it.

I had a blond moment.hmm

15. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Hooray!!!  Great to hear, SirDent!