jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (22 posts)

FIXED: Duplicate email notifications

1. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

In the last few days I have been getting up to six email notifications of the same hub being published. These are usually one or two minutes apart. At first it was only duplicates of each email, but I just got six email notifications of one hub being published. Is anyone else experiencing this? I use gmail.

1. bravewarrior profile image96
      bravewarriorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

John, today Bill asked on the BS Writers FB page if anyone was having trouble posting hubs. No sooner had he posted that than I got 9 notifications of his most recently posted hub. Then when I got the group email showing who of the hubbers I follow that had posted, his showed up 9 times! It's obviously an HP internal glitch. It's not your computer, if that's what you're worried about.

At least HP has minimal glitches compared to what I see people who write on Bubblews experience. HP's glitches are few and far between and they NEVER affect our earnings.

1. Jodah profile image87
        Jodahposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sha, yes I was worried it was a glitch in my computer or email program.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image76
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Today I received two of the same email notifications of a comment for one Hub. Does that count John?

3. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reports.
      I have forwarded this to our engineering team to see if we can determine the issue and get it resolved.

1. Jodah profile image87

Thanks Matthew.

2. RachaelOhalloran profile image83
        RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years agoin reply to this

How's it going, Matt?
        Nine seems to be the magic number because I have 145 notifications messages in my inbox and all are in sets of 9. I'm deleting them, but I thought I'd better ask if there is any identifying code on any of them that might be helpful to the investigating team.

Save 'em or delete 'em?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75

@RachaelOhalloran We should have enough information on our end to determine and address the issue. So, you can delete them if you would like.
          Thanks for asking!

1. RachaelOhalloran profile image83

Thank you smile

4. Faith Reaper profile image87
      Faith Reaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I just noticed this day under my "recent notifications" of those I follow who had published a hub today, Bill's hub showed up nine times!  I thought, what in the world, did he published nine hubs.  So, there is a glitch unless it somehow was published and then was not?  I thought I was seeing things. I hope by the time I get around to publishing a hub, things will be worked out here.  Seems a lot of unusual things going on more than usual.

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
      Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes -- I got six notifications of Bill's latest hub, all in the same email.  I just thought ol' billybuc was trying to make a point. hahahaha   
      I read Matt's reply and looks like they are on to it.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image91

Correction, it was nine duplicate notices.  I thought Billy was really into recycle, recycle, recycle .... and just kept recycling the hub.  Duh! ol' me!

6. Matthew Meyer profile image75

Just wanted to give everyone an update that we have deployed a fix for this issue that was resulting in multiple notification for the same event.

Thanks to those who reported it!

2. AliciaC profile image95
    AliciaCposted 3 years ago

I sometimes experience this, too. I received nine notifications of the same hub being published today, all in the same email message.

me too. All were billybuc's too lol

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
        Glenn Stokposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Funny thing, all my duplicates were billybuc's also!  Nine repeats of the same hub in one email notification.

yes. 9. I get notifications "as they happen" so I got 9 in a row. At first, I thought maybe he was editing them and reposting. Then by the 3rd I realized it was a glitch.

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
            Glenn Stokposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have my notifications set to receive everything in one email. That's why I had nine of Bill's single hub listed in one email notification rather than nine separate emails. Nevertheless, I was also wondering if he had unpublished and republished nine times before discovering it was a notification bug. smile

2. Jodah profile image87

Yes, I got nine from Billybuc too, and four from Surabaya, and others.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image91

Velly, velly strange, as Count Dracula on Sesame Street would say.

1. sallybea profile image100
              sallybeaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I got nine duplicates  for a Billybuc Hub yesterday, I thought lucky him, wow, all those extra visits!

3. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I received two of the same emails within minutes of each other today. It was a notification of a new follower. I forwarded it to HP Staff thinking it was very strange.

working