jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Questions and Answers

1. 01i profile image90
    01iposted 6 years ago

A few times now, I have spotted someones question, scanned through the answers, if any, and then typed my answer out in the 'submit a question' box.

I see questions out there that seem to be replies to people, rather than actual questions, and can only assume that this is because people associate a textarea under a thread of answers, to be the box you type your own answer into.

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but at the very least, it might be worth adding the 'answer the question', and 'answer with a hub' buttons to the bottom of the list of answers.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There's already a huge green button that reads "answer this question" that appears right below the question.

2. 01i profile image90
    01iposted 6 years ago

You're right, and that's great when the question is not yet answered. But it doesn't appear right below the final answer to the question.

It makes sense to go through reading the answers before you answer, just in case your answer has already been made.

When you do this, it is very easy to forget to scroll right up to the top again, rather than use the textbox that seems to be just where you need it.

3. 01i profile image90
    01iposted 6 years ago

It's not proved a major issue.

The time I actually submitted by mistake, my text was too long for a question, and I got an error. But had I gone for a short answer, I'd have mistakenly posted a question instead.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

mmmmm.... If you enjoy responding consider writing a hub about it, there is a place for that too! smile

1. 01i profile image90
        01iposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hehe, three of my hubs are answering questions, and I have a couple sat waiting to be finished, also based on questions smile

Sometimes an answer is too short to justify writing a whole hub.