jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Snow in Buckighamshire weyhey!!!

1. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

Just to say we got snow down here for the first time this year!! And woopy dah, It lasted all of 1hr and 10 mins, I tried to capture it on my camera phone, but missed!! Just thought i would say. Anybody else got any in Britain yet?

2. 62
    A. Faurholtposted 6 years ago

Not in Britain though, but we have had quite a bit around Copenhagen, Denmark. Funny how a cold white material that consists of water can put you in such a christmacy mood. Merry Christmas to all.

3. Rod Marsden profile image86
    Rod Marsdenposted 6 years ago

in the land of Oz on the south coast of NSW we are having a heat wave. No snow here. Yes and a Merry Christmas to all. A barby, a swim and a fish...What more could you want for Christmas? Our sand is white. Maybe that counts for something.

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Melbourne was 39 degrees today.... so the snow would have been welcome to keep the beers cold.... But much prefer the heat.

5. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

We got some here in London! Pretty and starting to settle on the roof tops but I have to drive to the airport today to drop some friends off (not me driving thankfully! just get to enjoy the ride). We get to borrow their car for the service of dropping off and picking up so a pretty good deal really but the snow makes the roads dangerous and slow going. oh well

6. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Snowing in Hertfordshire too!

7. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Maybe we should get down to the bookies to bet on a white christmas!

8. Nell Rose profile image90

Hi, I think I jumped ahead of myself a bit! evidentely it is going to chuck it down with snow tomorrow, I hope my new boots are up to the job, or else I will be on my backside as usual. I have got a habit of falling over when it snows. Not used to it, thats the trouble. and to everybody in Australia, oh you lucky lucky people, can we swop?

9. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

The Isle of Thanet (where I live) hasn't had any snow yet.  It's the easternmost tip of Kent and is only 70 miles from London, but often has completely different weather.  Last year when we had snow, there was only a light dusting in Thanet but the rest of Kent (and London) was completely snow-bound.

This tendency to remain snow-free is one of Thanet's unsung virtues, IMO.  I hate snow - it's slippery and if I have to walk in it, I nearly always fall over!

10. Nell Rose profile image90

This is just to say, no I did'nt fall over just yet, but it is melting now anyway. And I still want to go to Australia!!