More bans...

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (60 posts)
  1. TheMirrorBall profile image58
    TheMirrorBallposted 14 years ago

DogSiDaed is not banned from all forum posts indefinitely.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think he meant "DogSiDaed is now banned from all forum posts indefinitely."

1. Mitch Rapp profile image60
        Mitch Rappposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let me know how this turns out

2. TheMirrorBall profile image58
      TheMirrorBallposted 14 years agoin reply to this

EDIT: HE IS BANNED. WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?

2. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

?... His he banned also?

3. Mitch Rapp profile image60
    Mitch Rappposted 14 years ago

This thread is as clear as mud

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

In other words, he is not banned big_smile

1. Mitch Rapp profile image60
      Mitch Rappposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for translating!

2. Dao Hoa profile image60
      Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess that he is banned, but it is not indefinitly.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Of course, I could be wrong big_smile

6. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

...as the hub turns...

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

big_smile

this thread will probably be dead and buried by the time i get back.

(lol @ "as the hub turns" lol)

8. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

What did he do, I missed it

Left a comment with a supposed joke attack at TMMason. He later posted apology hubs which are still up, and agreed that what he had done was wrong, and was then banned anyway.

1. TMMason profile image61
        TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't want anyone banned. I never even complained, just defended myself in the hubs is all.

Just clearifying.

I do not take posting attacks to heart. I actually got a chuckle out of the post.

1. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Someone else probably reported it...there are those in here who take things a little too seriously sadly

I want to say I agree. But somehow it seems wrong to say about someone sticking up for me.

IDK what to say. But I appreciate the thought whoever it was, but I wish you hadn't complained.

Sorry

TMMason, I admire you.

Thank you. But I don't deserve anyones admiration. I screw up often and frequently.

I just hope I learn from it, and move on.

2. profile image0

Yea well we'll never know sadly

2. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure? I reviewed that thread and did not honestly see anything out of line, he said it was a joke and I didn't even see any hard feelings between him or TMMason.

9. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

wth? why is everyone getting banned now? this is stupid! And there are others on here who say all sort of sh!t and never get banned. It's just sad!

Can they be overturned under review?

1. profile image0

truhtfully I'm not sure...I wish that they could because a lot of ppl shouldn't have been banned since they are just sticking up for themselves

10. motricio profile image68
    motricioposted 14 years ago

Ban ban ban
    bbbb ban ban ban lol

11. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 14 years ago

Everyone who has been banned has been banned for a violation of our forum rules.

Bans for personal attacks are temporary - 3 days for the first violation, and increasingly longer (and eventually permanent) durations for subsequent bannings (because it's increasingly difficult to feign ignorance of the rules), and only apply to the forums. You can still publish Hubs.

We really, really don't like wasting our time moderating posts when people can't act in a civil manner in an online forum, but we will to make sure our rules are adhered to.

Again, here are the rules:
    http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules

We do understand I think... I know it's tough, and lines are thin... and perhaps strictly according to the rules they have been crossed... Are all these bans 3 day bans, or some longer? Thanks, TMB

1. profile image0

there have been that have been permantely banned from the forums sad don't know the story behind those though hmm

2. profile image0

Jason nailed it when he said "civil manner". name-calling, especially the C word, is pretty bad. would you like it if it were directed at you? probably not.

I can see most people wouldn't. I'm not hurt by words posted through the internet, no matter how foul.

1. aguasilver profile image70
          aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd guess you hadn't had too many harsh words posted to you in the last 64 minutes you've been registered! wink

http://livingwaters.site90.net/Sock.png

2. profile image0

We should stick to meanie head lol

3. aguasilver profile image70

Suggestion:

Don't allow people to post to the forum unless they have published hubs, maybe a set minimum number.

Most of the worse violators seem to be 'ghosts' i.e. people who joined last week and have no hubs and no followers and no intention of doing anything except hide behind their sock puppet troll identity.

It can be difficult to stay balanced on the forums, especially as some posters are masters at winding up their adversaries.

Personally I disliked the name GodIsDead spelled in reverse, too many satanic overtones for me, but He or She was not that bad and they never bothered me with their 'humor', which is what they posted most of the time if I remember correctly.

A good suggestion agua, one for the New Feature section, definitely!

About the name, there isn't a lot you can do about that. A first offence ban should be three days in that case though. Has Bloodnlatex been banned before? Has Smooth As Silk? Man, this is a sad day for forums... R.I.P Free speech

1. profile image0

that IS a great idea! it would certainly cut down on the sockpuppet population a bit.

12. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

According to bloodnlatex's mail, he's been banned for this thread:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/15440?p … post675175

I wonder how justified is this...

13. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

The rules are on page two of this thread and yes there are those who will report just because the choose to , but this is the reason why I wrote this thread because all of the reporting is sometimes unneccesary and HP does not have time for all of the bickering and pettiness. I hope the New Year brings less bans and more one-on-one resolution. Just my opinion. smile

1. profile image0

I hope so too!!!!!! A new Year with less bickering would be so nice, AEvans smile

14. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i like it!!! big_smile

15. profile image0

you can learn a lot of great words from kids meanie head is by far my favorite! lol

16. profile image0

aqua you changed yout pic!  Sweet! I like the new one.

Thanks, this one will take us into the new year, then I'll look to get a more appropriate one.... thank God for Photoshop!

I like variety...

1. profile image0

Me too I love seeing people change their pics

ooo Photoshop haven't played with that yet lol I need to play with that.

Playing with it is fun! - and the new CS versions make life simple to manipulate photos and stuff, but it's an expensive program, and if all you need to do is play, try a open source freeware program called GIMP, which is almost Photoshop, but a lot better than some of the other 'basic' art programs, and free is as good as it gets!

The lake behind your profile pic looks just like the lake near where I used to live...

http://www.jczinn.com/Spain/Ronda/lake_2619a.jpg

17. profile image0

almost forgot too TMMason Welcome to hubpages!

Thank you. I am enjoying it.

1. profile image0

6 weeks and already 6 hubs...dang you did better than me when I forst started! lol can't remember how many I had when I first stared...but it took a long time to get to 100 hubs phew! good luck to reaching 100 big_smile

I was thinking about compiling and writing. That way you could whip a bunch out.

What people,(we), don't know, is infintismally greater, than what we do know. That applies to all fields of thought and study. Including Science.

That knowing thing, is a twisted quote from someone. Can't remember who right now?...

So the collection of knowledge is a respected field among Authors.

So hey, why not.

18. profile image0

Wish that would work for me lol I have dry spells as they call ;em or I call 'em brain freezes lol then I get inspired and write then get brain freezes again lol

All writers suffer from that, "Writer's Block", it isn't a myth.

But you can compile. Just reaserch and be sure to includ all viewpoints. I try not to argue for or against in a complation.

My beliefs are mine and I shouldn't infect a, non-partisan,(for lack of a better phrase or word.), compilation of facts with my own ideologies.

I try, mind you. lol

It isn't the easiest thing to accomplish.

19. motricio profile image68
    motricioposted 14 years ago

Que aburrimiento,
    Banneeme por hablar espaƱol y estar aburrido de ver mas de 20 foros:

BAN BAN BAN

sad

Hola! y... que? XD

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That boredom Banneeme to speak Spanish and be bored of seeing over 20 forums
      and you thought some of us did not speak espanol'. lololo They will not ban you to speak spanish but english is prefered. smile

20. profile image0

Cool Agua...that is actually the Romanoa dam behind me big_smile

that lake in the pic you posted is beautiful.

I wanna play with photohsop sad of course might be scary if I do that lol

Yep, that lake is beautiful and we would take a drive around it that took us through Holm Oak forests where Iberian pigs fed from the acorns for four years before becoming Jamon Iberica a wonderfully sweet ham sured in salt and hung in all the local bars where you ate it with a decent red Rioja wine and some ancient Manchego cheese....

You can never lose more than up to your last save in any program.... go for it!

21. Bredavies profile image60
    Bredaviesposted 14 years ago

Why does everyone keep getting banned?
    Wasn't badcompany banned at least 5 times??

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I lost count after twenty. LOL

1. Bredavies profile image60
        Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

really!??!! but y?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Alcohol induced brawls.

22. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

I'm supposed to be banned for a month. test.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)