jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Has Kontera removed the $5 minimum earnings clause?

1. soni2006 profile image49
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Actually, I was just searching for the same thing on google today and found this digitalpoint forum thread. Two hubbers have discussed regarding Kontera's issue of not counting earnings below 5 dollars on a monthly basis for Kontera publishers but some person by the name of Mika, Publisher Services Manager, from Kontera has clarified on December 16th, 2009 that "the clause, stating a $5 earnings minimum, was removed from our terms a while ago."

Here is the link:  http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1614200

So I would just like to ask you all if it is really true or not?

Okay I found the official Kontera blog link here stating the same:

http://blog.kontera.com/2009/04/07/kontera-update/

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wel done, Soni for finding this out and putting it up here. I had just disabled Kontera from my hubs and was in the process of disabling them from my blogs because I was under the impression that they kept all earnings under $100 a month until such time as you earned more than that.
      That is a long way off for me as I had only started to see cents coming in, but I think now I'll go enable them again.

soni2006posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes IzzyM. You are doing it right. I was also going to do the same again for the third time since I applied for Kontera via hubpages but I have also changed my mind. My google adsense earnings are increasing day by day but if I get some extra income from Kontera, what is the loss in that? I think now there is a reason to smile while displaying kontera ads on our hubs. I think we are working for money right now whereas previously regarding Kontera, we were working for nothing.

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

We were discussing it a few days ago and Marisa found the same blog post.

Okay, I will check it out. I did not knew about this.

3. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

And Soni, thanks for that digital point forum thread.

It's my pleasure darkside.

4. Trsmd profile image59
    Trsmdposted 7 years ago

Soni,

unnecessarily you posted about Kontera, and I enabled kontera for all my hubs and got worried to see that my earnings dipped to 40% of normal one..

and today again I disabled Kontera affiliate in all my hubs..

working