jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

YouTube Embedding No Longer Working

1. Moonmaiden profile image81
    Moonmaidenposted 6 years ago

I noticed this problem about 2 weeks ago and I was hoping it would fix itself. But it didn't.

Many of my hubs, not to mention my blogs, have embedded youtube videos. Now they no longer show up. Just a blank square where they should be. Any clue why this is and how to fix it? Am I the only one or has everyone noticed their embedding no longer works?

1. 0
      IĆ°unnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Copyright issues that affect youtube washing over us.  All my embedded vids that I made are fine.  Some of other people's tht I use are ok, but if it's like an mtv version song vid or such, those are being methodically deleted on youtube.  I don't think the issues you are having are Hubpages related.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine is still working fine. Every now and then, one will stop working.  If I go to Youtube, I usually find the clip has been removed, or embedding has been disabled. 

If all your videos have disappeared, could it be a setting on your PC? I can't see videos at work because the company firewall blocks them.

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I haven't noticed anything lately, but I have in the past. I believe all it is is when someone you've linked to has been requested to disable the embedding usually due to copyright violations.  Music videos seem to be the most suseptible.  Go back to the video on YouTube itself and you'll find they probably say something along the lines of "embedding disabled by copyright owner" or something similar.  You just have to find an alternate source that does allow it.  I've had to replace some of mine several times.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Whose videos are you embedding?

Record labels have been really cracking down on YouTube over this last year, getting unauthorized copies of videos shut down.  So have various movie studios.  If I'm going to embed a music video or movie clip, I try and find if the producing label has their own channel, as then those videos are authorized.

1. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Though I've found that most of the time they have embedding turned off. That might be the problem here also.

2. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

and better quality. but as DS said, a lot of them have embedding turned off neutral

i hate looking for a favorite song and finding it and opening it and it's some 15-year-old kid doing a cover of it yikes

4. Moonmaiden profile image81

Thanks for trying to help. None of my embedding works, even of my own videos that I made on  youtube, like tutorials for my Hubs. I'll go check the settings and see if they changed when youtube did it's latest upgrade.

1. Moonmaiden profile image81
      Moonmaidenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My youtube settings are set to allow embedding, so I still don't know what the problem is.

5. Moonmaiden profile image81

I have now isolated the problem to my computer, since my boyfriend looked at my blogs on his and he sees the embedding videos just fine. I'm glad the rest of the world can see them even if I can't. Thanks everyone who answered.

Update: Just in case anyone ever has this issue, I downloaded the newest Version of Flash, and now I can see the embedded videos again. Whew!