jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

I would like to know how I can improve.

1. Chaotic Chica profile image86
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

I have written a few hubs now and have moderate to no activity.  It has been suggested to me that I throw myself at your mercy and ask for honest constructive crticisms that may help me to provide a better hub. It is very hard to offend me and I am expecting to hear about my weaknesses so please be totally honest. I appreciate it! smile

1. 0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Poetry doesn't seem to be popular - nor does writing about things at length - for the money angle. I find the popular hubs a bit like a cheap magazine with how to do something. If you want to get commercial I guess you need to write about a commercial product, and if you can find a way to get sexy girls in it then the traffic seems to rocket.  Or you can go on writing thoughtful stuff and (to be brutally honest - sorry) not such good poetry that expresses something within you just fine, just not very well. I would first run your poetry past a dedicated poetry forum that gives feedback which, although it is usually in the form of vicious advice, is still advice.

2. Chaotic Chica profile image86

Thank you, China Man.  That poem is actually 10 years old and I agree that it is poorly expressed.  I posted it to add to the topic of healing but I am not sure I will be adding any more poetry anyway.
    As for the lengthy stuff, I will take your opinion to heart and try to shorten them or make them more poignant.  Thank you.

1. 0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey - I said it expresses well - but is poorly written. and I am only giving my observations having been here a couple of weeks - you should wait for a grown up hubber to advise before you do anything smile I believe there is a forum especially for this on here somewhere.

3. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Although I do not consider myself a Grown-up Hubber smile I could suggest some of the things that I have been told in the past. Add pictures and videos to back up your topic with visuals. Break up your text more by using more text capsules and paragraph headings, learn SEO, Backlinking, and Key Word uses. There are a number of Senior Hubbers that have written a lot of good advice on these thing. just search for any of the topics in the site. Read other Hubs, see how the tob rated hubs are layed out. Amazing people, these hubbers, Everyone is so willing to help.

4. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

I’m not a hub a hub expert at all, but I know a little about writing. I took a quick look at your healing hub and I would say kill paragraph 1 and start at “denial” then try to fit your keywords in there, which I would suggest should be “healing from rape”.

5. Chaotic Chica profile image86

Thank you both for your honest insight.  I really do appreciate the feedback! smile