jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

low traffic, no money!

1. liswilliams profile image59
    liswilliamsposted 6 years ago

Hey all
    Need some advice, I have been here 3 months now, I hear from a few people after the same time they have made $100, what's the secret? after I have done backlinks, seo, over 50 hubs, what more? I have made $20 smile

1. sunforged profile image67
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

With a quick scan of your hub titles I see a lot of recipes and travel.

What could an ad possible offer that your writing did not ? recipe seekers are not buyers, if you provided a recipe their search is complete. What is the intention of the searcher who would arrive at your hub?

As for SEO, What have you done ?, my gut says your titles are all to general to be considered "optimized"

When you pursued these backlinks, what type of anchor text was associated?

Anyways, this might be slightly helpful to understand one way of looking at adsense traffic.

Why dont I make money with adsense?

2. MyWebs profile image84
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

And to expand more on "Intention"

The Microsoft Online Commercial Intention Tool will tell you how likely a person is to make a purchase based upon your keywords. For examples "Free eBooks" has a Non-Commercial Intention score of .66. While "Netbook Reviews" gets a Commercial Intention score of .90.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

That's actually more money on average than most folks who have only been here for three months tend to have earned.

If you want to earn, you do have to write so as to get a good number of eyeballs going past your pages, and then you have to make sure that what and how you are writing lends itself to a retail focus.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed.  I had only made about $5 at the three month mark.  You're doing OK.  It seems to take time for your Hubs to start earning, it will keep growing with time.

1. liswilliams profile image59
        liswilliamsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ok, thanks for the encouragement!

4. MyWebs profile image84
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

It does take time. My first full month here and I have made a dollar and some change. I'm sure it will keep rising though.

My opinion is that maybe one in 10 hubs will do real good, at least for me so far thats been the case. Get enough of them good hubs and it starts to add up. Its all a numbers game.