jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is there a better time to publish a hub?

1. DCnews profile image60
    DCnewsposted 6 years ago

Is there an optimal day or time to hit the publish button on your hub?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It depends what you're after. 

When you publish a Hub, it appears on the HubFeed, so it's best to publish when people are likely to be around to see it.

However, you make no income from Hubbers looking at your Hub.  Your paying audience comes from the search engines, and they won't start arriving in significant numbers until several months after you publish your Hub - by which time, the exact time of publication couldn't matter less.

2. Mr Nice profile image67
      Mr Niceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Remember you are not selling items on ebay that you have to list your items on specific days & times. For hubpage articles it really doesn't matter when you publish your hubs.
      Your Google ads clickers come through Google organic traffic or search engines. Hubbers don't click on Google ads they simply visit your hubs to read and write their views in the form of comments. Keep up the good work.

2. Tyrone Smalls profile image54
    Tyrone Smallsposted 6 years ago

Yes! When you know you've put an interesting topic, wrote the last sentence, crossed all your i's and dot all t's.

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

That's really a good question.  I know a few people have some theories, but I don't know if anyone actually as any evidence of what time of day to publish to produce more hits.  There are a ton of factors involved....how appealing is the title? the topic? Are you looking for hubber hits or outside hits? are you looking for it to be read, or do you want someone to buy something or click on an ad?  That would mean knowing when people are in a buying mood.

4. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

It really depends on the topic. Hard to say an exact time. I know I have some hubs that do better in America time and a couple that do better on international time. So, topic really dictates as well as how quickly Google picks you up and the topic demand at that time.

I know back in the fall...my football hubs were instantly indexed and did great for me and even better on weekends where other hubs would just Die on weekends. Some hubs do better in the afternoon to early evening because of the topic.