The Dream Thread

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (42 posts)
  1. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

Here is a place where you can talk about your dreams (the nighttime kind) and whether they mean anything or not.  All kinds.  Silly, scarey, frustrated, sexy and on and on.  See, no one wants to listen or talk to me about my dreams in real life, so I figure here, it could happen.

For instance, last night I dreamed that I got up went out to the kitchen where I had left an ice cream scoop in the sink and my boss was there asking me if I licked the ice cream scoop.  I admitted I had, and he told me he didn't want me to do that anymore because he didn't want my germs.  I started to tell him that I always wash the scoop in hot water, and then I realized I was dreaming. 

I'm sure you can do better than that!

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Im way excited about this, as everyone really rolls thier eyes at me when I begin about my dreams. I love love love dreams and hearing other peoples dreams.

last night I had my recurring tooth dream. the one where my teeth crumble and fall out of my mouth, and I cry and say "oh, I've dreamed this so many years and now its finally happening for real." then I wake up. And I also dreamed I yelled at my husband and told him I wanted to poke him in the eye. And I dreamed I was trapped betweeen our world and a spirit world. That one was really long and very real and super scary and I was thinking about making a hub about it, as I also experienced sleep paralysis with that one...

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Our dreams are so much alike - I have the crumbling teeth one and also the crunched contact lens one!  there are always these acquaintances- people I don't really like - watching me when I have these dreams.   Also the sleep paralysis happens to me right after this flying demon comes in through an open window - and is sucking all the energy out of me and I can't move!  oooh that's a real scarey one.

Did you have all those dreams last night?  Because last night was a horrid dream night for me.  Mostly dreams, very realistic ones, that people were outside yelling and laughing at me and stealing my truck and making loud noises.  My truck's still there, fortunately.

2. Polly C profile image91
        Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I also have this teeth dream - it's the only recurring dream I've ever had, really. My teeth don't crumble, though, I just can feel with my tongue that they've all got loose and then they start falling out and I'm really horrified. Then, in my dream, I think about how I'll have to go to the dentist tomorrow and get false ones, then I wake up, thank God, and find them still all there.

I don't have it any where near as much as I used to though, so obviously whatever was causing it no longer bothering me as much.

2. luvpassion profile image61
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

I heard this before...last night I dreamed I was eating a giant marshmellow and this morning my pillow was gone!

Just kidding, dreams are said to be a way the subconsious mind deals with everyday problems.

The Celts believed dreams where a doorway to the supernatural

Teri

3. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I believe that.  I also often dream that I am feeling very tingling all over then I have this out of body experience, and then I turn around so my out of body feet are where my real head is - does that make sense?  I'm sort of floating above my body - I would like to go somewhere out of body, but so far I get so excited that I wake myself up before I can actually go places!

1. luvpassion profile image61
      luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm...this sounds more like Astral Projection. Intriguing

1. mega1 profile image79

yep - only I haven't seen any golden cord that will keep me attached so I can get back in my body.  I read somewhere about that.

2. mega1 profile image79

yep that's what it kinda is, only there is this other spirit there who makes it happen.  I don't control it.

2. profile image0

I always get scared that I wont make it back

4. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Last night I dreamed that I got up went out to the kitchen where I had left an ice cream scoop in the sink and my boss was there asking me if I licked the ice cream scoop.  I admitted I had, and she told me she didn't want me to do that anymore because she didn't want my germs.. so then she put a scoop of chocolate mint ice cream on each of her boobs and said "try this.. it's safer"

1. mega1 profile image79

wow!  I like your dream better than mine!  even if it just is a lie!  LIE!  its a LIE!  and you know it!  You can't just take my dream and change it and say its yours!  That's not only lieing, its stealing!  lol

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Inspired by your post, I plan to have this exact dream tonight...

so I am not really telling a lie, I am just a day early

1. mega1 profile image79

Ha!  well, ok, you can have that dream, only if gets a little grotesque when the ice cream starts melting, don't blame me! big_smile

5. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

I would love to post to this thread, however the rules prevent me!!!!!!!!!!

I nearly posted the marshmallow comment also........

1. profile image0

I dreamt I was a muffler and woke up exhausted

1. blondepoet profile image65
        blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahahahahahaha!!!!
        Oh that's priceless

6. Highvoltagewriter profile image67
    Highvoltagewriterposted 13 years ago

I studied Astral Projection for years and I found the trick is to plan were you want to go *before* you go to sleep. It takes a lot of willpower and control. Focus on were you want to go and do not let yourself get distracted. That will mess you up every time. I can get really scarry sometimes...

1. mega1 profile image79

I keep forgetting to think about it before I go to sleep, so I haven't tryed that yet.  Maybe tonight . . .

7. Highvoltagewriter profile image67

That makes a lot of since Greek one... the early dreamer gets the ice cream! Or something like that...

i think that the proper phrase you are looking for is "the wet dreamer gets the cream"

8. FranyaBlue profile image73
    FranyaBlueposted 13 years ago

I also get this crumbling/moving/missing teeth dream.....it's horrible!

I would like to know why it's so common.

As for last night....all I can remember is crossing a big road where the cars started to go before I had time to reach the other side...dunno what that's supposed to mean.

1. Polly C profile image91
      Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have heard of a few explanations for it, one was decay, so it could be that something in your life is decaying (not necessarily literally) and the other is that it is an anxiety dream, which could explain why it is so common

One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxieties about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where appearance and attractiveness matter and your teeth help to convey that image.

2. luvpassion profile image61

Franya...seeing a road in your dream often symbolizes your life's path. The condition of the road reflects how much control you have over the direction of your life.

Tf you started across, this could indicate the barriers that you may have to overcome in order to find your way.

9. Polly C profile image91
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

I have had two horrible dreams lately, though - one in which I was sitting in a car waiting, for some reason, when two men reached in and put their hands out to strangle me...I woke up then.   Then another one about two days ago where I was in this house, not any house I knew, and there was this really strange phenomena happening in the corner of the room....very spooky...there was all this light and powerful feelings, but not nice feelings, (like bad psychic energy) which somehow had something to do with this old lady who had died (it might have been her house) and if you went near this light it was frightening. God, that sounds really complicated and isn't making a whole lot of sense!

So that was like, two nightmares, and normally I don't remember my dreams much.

Recent studies show, five minutes after the end of the dream, half the content is forgotten. After ten minutes, 90% is lost.

10. Highvoltagewriter profile image67

Ha-Ha! I stand corrected oh great Greek one! Can I qote you on that?

It's trademarked, so you can quote me,.. but it will cost you 5 cents each time

11. Highvoltagewriter profile image67

Dreams are so confusing that what makes them cool!

12. luvpassion profile image61
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Your dreaming mind has access to vital information that is not readily available to you when you are awake. Your dreams may reveal your secret desires and subconscious feelings.

In remembering your dreams, you will gain increased knowledge, self-awareness and self-healing. 

Dreams are an extensionof how you perceive yourself. They can be a source of inspiration, wisdom, joy and overall improved psychological health.

A dream diary can be helpful for those looking for enlightenment on their dreams

13. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I never dream, well it's is claimed that everyone does, and if I do you can't prove it by me, I sleep like a rock and never remember anything other than the few moments before I crash.  It's interesting people actually do dream.

14. blondepoet profile image65
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

Wow you know I dream all the time I can fly except sometimes I get stuck  and can't take off......I run and jump but bang no flying.....
    Sometimes I manage to get up in the sky...and I have this huge audience...so I showoff and do somersaults

If you are flying with ease and enjoying the scene and landscape below, then it suggests that you are on top of a situation.

You have risen above something. It may also mean that you have gained a different perspective on things.

Flying dreams and the ability to control your flight is representative of your own personal sense of power.

That is so cool Passion. I thought I was going mad...I mean madder smile smile

Flying dreams typically illustrate your sense of freedom and feeling liberated from the constraints of everyday life.

Oh that is so true!!!!
            That is why I love acting on stage so much, it is an escape from my daily life. smile
            Plus I get to dance.

2. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you didn't bang after the run and jump, you might get airborne! smile

15. Highvoltagewriter profile image67

Hay blondepoet let us go flying sometime! Of Course you haft to meet me here in Florida...I do not like jet lag..

Sure HV you can pilot the vessel and I will be the air hostess...got to go get dressed. smile

16. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

one mite i dreamed i was being smothered by a marshmallow. i bit it and heard my wife scream, i awakened to find i had bit her boob. I got the obligatory smack of my life.

17. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

so funny I'm laughing my guts out... smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)