jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (28 posts)

How long is your typical power nap?

1. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 7 years ago

How long is your typical power nap? I usually need a minimum of an hour, what about you? The reason why I'm asking is because I almost caught myself falling asleep in my chair a minute ago. tongue

1. Greek One profile image78
      Greek Oneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

3 hours

it take me 1 hour just to get to sleep

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good question.
      At least an hour.
      Better if it's 3 or 4.
      I'm with ya on needing one now....

3. profile image59
      SarahLambertposted 6 years ago in reply to this

20 minutes and I'm good to go

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 7 years ago

1/2 hour.  reminds me of my all day long boring meeting last Tuesday.  I kept wanting to fall asleep.  So I looked like I was reading the boring information, so I could close my eyes.  Almost fell asleep in my chair. It could have been really embarrassing!  Even got up to walk down the hall to shake it off - could only do it once in between breaks.  We even had lunch together so I couldn't even take a break for myself and catch a few zzzzz's.  It was awful! I was so exhausted after the weekend!

3. myownworld profile image82
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

I can't do power naps; my mind just doesn't switch off fast enough. But what I really can't do without is a good night's sleep - 8 hours at least, and then I'm good to go!

(And which reminds me, I envy people who doze off, actually fast asleep, on the tube!! I mean, how on earth do they know which station to get off at?! yikes

Originposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When I worked downtown I used to take the bus (I had a car, but the company paid for 100% bus fees - so it was free), and I used to sleep all the time both to and from work. I just figured since I really didn't have a start time that *If* I would fall asleep, I'd just do another round hahaha. I never did miss my stop though, just saying. hehe.

big_smile

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i used to do that actually...sounds and smells told me which station i was at.  one stop had the smell of bread baking....and it would make me hungry at the same time as 'rousing me from my nap.  missed my stop only a couple of times after taking it for years.  i remember waking up once with my head on someone's shoulder!  they didn't seem to mind!  LOL!!!!

1. myownworld profile image82
        myownworldposted 7 years ago in reply to this

big_smile ah... finally some light! I always did wonder you know....
        One thing I've noticed though it's usually men who have a brilliant knack for this kind of thing: like drift off to sleep in the middle of a movie, or a tube ride, or even when you're talking to them....!! Unbelievable really.....

Ya, I know what you mean! Men falling asleep while their in the middle of talki-

2. myownworld profile image82

see, I'm telling you, it's a gift you people have....!! wink

edit: LOL at your comment above!!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i watch movies with my eyes shut most of the time...i'm okay for the beginning...fall asleep....and wake up for the end...i think some things just bore me really....basically anytime i watch tv - can't seem to watch for much more than a 1/2 hour.  if i can't sleep i turn the tv on.....zzzzz!

4. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

45mins some times an hour depends on how hard i pushe myself in the gym. on legg day usally an hour.

5. Corin profile image59
    Corinposted 7 years ago

I can't do power naps. If I do it, I have a migraine for what is left of the day.

6. Daily Matters profile image76
    Daily Mattersposted 7 years ago

45 minutes, more than that and i get way too sleepy and can't do anything else the rest of the day.

1. myownworld profile image82

I know...I get the same way... anyway, shh... the OP has dozed off.... ! big_smile

Haha big_smile

But, I am going to bed though... I'll be up in about 7-8 hours or so. Soo tired!

7. myownworld profile image82
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

END OF TRANSMISSION EVERYONE!!

http://www.imageenvision.com/150/26219-clip-art-graphic-of-a-desktop-computer-cartoon-character-sleeping-and-catching-some-zs-by-toons4biz.jpg

Exactly!

*falls onto floor*

ZzzzzzZzzzzz....

*drools*

ZzzzzzzZzzzzzzz........

8. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 7 years ago

I used to work two jobs, so I had just half an hour to cook dinner for my family, eat, change and have a nap. My power nap was ten minutes. I did it every day. And I managed everything in half an hour! It was not easy but brain power and necessity make wonders! I should probably write a hub about that time frame and amount of work I put into it. Some other time, may be.
    After 10 minutes without an alarm I would wake up and ready to go.

Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That reminds me, in a fashion, of how much time I gave myself when I woke up for high school years ago. I would wake up about 15 minutes before I had to catch the bus, and in that time I would shower, eat, get dressed, make my school lunch, and even give myself about 5 minutes of laying there to wake up (so really 10 minutes!). I can't do that anymore, I don't have that kiddish energy like I used to!

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

Hey Origin - i see ur awake...loooonnng power nap!

lol, I'm going to bed soon. Need to shower and catch some Z's for work tonight. I do have the next couple days off though, and next week even more off because they are cutting my hours (that's not a good thing, at least the cutting hours part lol).

SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2 bad about the cutting of hours ......just getting up and about to get ready for work.  have some good zzzz's.

It's all good, gives me time to think I guess (I try to look at the bright side). I might go back to college for another degree or something, it will give me ample time to ponder that idea.

SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yep - have to always look towards the sun... it's just nicer...later...

10. Me, Steve Walters profile image79
    Me, Steve Waltersposted 6 years ago

I've heard it was 20 minutes to refresh the ol' computer. But...if you get 20...you'll probably want more. I know that 20 minutes for me would be like...why bother?

11. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

since i left work i have been having lots of little naps- three hours is good- however i fell asleep in the pub whilst leicester tigers were playing in the cup final- that was ten minutes but very refreshing

working