jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)

Getting Traffic for Your Hubs

1. tpatterson48 profile image59
    tpatterson48posted 6 years ago

what options do I have? and what would you suggest?

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Click on help on the extreme right, next to your profile go to learning center and you will find material on how to drive traffic to your hubs, this will help you a lot.

2. Donnacha C profile image83
      Donnacha Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

a lot of hub has been written about SEO, etc. It`s worth your while to read through them and collect all the info.....
      check out howtoguru`s articles and also there is a whole forum written about it....

best of luck

3. ErinRaker profile image60
      ErinRakerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I used this simple formula in order to generate traffic and it works well for me.

First of all, make your content is more than enough. Yeah, I mean quality content. Don't just write for getting traffic.

Second, use other social bookmarking sites like Digg, Stumbleupon, Reddit and many more to get your hub spread out.

Third, consistent. smile

Just my 2 cent.

4. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you published hubs containing content that people are actually looking for?

You can lead a horse to water, but there better be something there for him to drink.

1. Spacey Gracey profile image74
        Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And the horse needs to be thristy.

5. nicregi profile image65
      nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Always use backlink. Promote, linking etc. Many, many ways to get more traffic. Don't forget content of hub also play a role

6. ofmelancholy profile image72
      ofmelancholyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Traffic is all that matters, pages of info could be written about that. From my readings on forum simply quality content and backlinks are essential.

2. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 6 years ago

Write good quality hubs is the best way to get traffic, and be patient.  It takes a while, slowly builds.  Be active in forums, other hubs, etc.

But the main thing is the writing. Over time you will see results. Good luck

1. JulieBMack profile image59
      JulieBMackposted 6 years ago in reply to this

@bgpappa You said it right there in one word - patience!!  Lots of it.  And of course the good writing part.  Many people want the instant gratification.  Any freelance writer (that is in it for the long haul) knows you have to have patience-- and a grasp on delayed gratification.

2. richtwf profile image61
      richtwfposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's good sound advice to follow - I'm going to take that all onboard.

3. Timmy(B) profile image59
    Timmy(B)posted 6 years ago

Look in google at what people are searching for then pick a topic and write good, original content.

4. lornadarden profile image46
    lornadardenposted 6 years ago

My best advice is to write good hubs that are informative and share them with your friends on social networking sites.

5. learner.brown profile image60
    learner.brownposted 6 years ago

The best way to get traffic is to have your pages rank for the terms that people are searching for. When you write a hub, ask yourself, what would people type into Google if they were searching for the information that I am providing. That should be your title. To get high on the search engines, you need backlinks. Good backlinks take work, but the traffic pays off.

6. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

At this point, you only have two hub.  So I agree with the majority, write more hubs, then worry about traffic.

7. PR_am profile image61
    PR_amposted 6 years ago

To increase traffic, create quality contents and put them where people and search engines will find them. Good luck!

8. ChelyRenee profile image62
    ChelyReneeposted 6 years ago

I want to add to the OP's question. What about posting links to your hubs elsewhere? Maybe including it in a forum siggy? Just a thought!

9. 60
    forextcposted 6 years ago

Hi all. I'm new to HubPages but from what I've read you just treat your Hubpages as you would any web resource. By this I mean focus on good keywords to get search engine traffic and then generate links in the same way you would to get a website traffic.

10. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

lots of ways. you should try redgage and shetoldme sites, as they really do increase your traffic. here's the sites if you want to check them out.

11. BobbiRant profile image78
    BobbiRantposted 6 years ago

I've tried nearly all of the suggestions and good luck to you!  I don't seem to drive anything or anyone to my hubs.

1. PR_am profile image61
      PR_amposted 6 years ago in reply to this

@ BobbiRant: Have you tried social media? If you have dedicated followers in place and are consistent, it works like a charm. All the best!

2. 60
      forextcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

@ BoobiRant. You need to think of your hubpages as web pages. The main way you will get regular traffic to them is via the serach engines so you need to make sure that you are using the right keywords firstly  and then following the above ideas to help push your hubs up in the search engines. While this you can get traffic from other sources you will probably find this is limited or temporary.

12. Hubman007 profile image60
    Hubman007posted 6 years ago

When people say it takes time for your hubpages to start getting vast amounts of traffic, just how much time do you mean?

weeks? 3 months, 9 months? over a year? 2 years?

1. 60
      forextcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Hubman

I guess it depends on how much time you invest and the approach you take. In relation to getting search engine traffic I would say it depends a bit on the terms you are targeting and how much competition. Different people will have different opinions. My view would be if you are targeting a easy keyword term then possibly two to three weeks to get ranked well - more for harder or more contested terms.