jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

6-day old hubber needs helpful tips

1. zamboy321 profile image78
    zamboy321posted 6 years ago

I joined barely a week ago. I would be forever grateful for any useful tips from experienced hubbers.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Search the forums, check the help link (above), and the learing center link (below).  If you want to post a link to one of your hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum (the only place that you should do that), you can request that hubbers make specific suggestions.

2. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

see the best hubs in hubpages you will get a lot of experience and take advice of hubbers by interacting with them through forums and questions answers section

2. saleheensblog profile image62
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

welcome first, I am not of of those experience hubber but still I can suggest you some hubs to read in this very initial stage

then move on to
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Keyword-tips-Mo … g-keywords
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-12-Instant- … r-Hubpages
    ~Use extreme hubmakeover forum where you can post some of your hub links to get constructive criticism to improve your hub
    ~Often visit the forum and stay connected with the community
    ~Write unique and quality content
    ~Don't suicide in the forum if you can't figure out how the hub and hubber score really work, LOL
    ~Stay away from those religious and political hub
    ~Don't fight with girls

shifa saleheen shuvo

1. alqx profile image61
      alqxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

'Stay away from those religious and political hub'.

Could you justify that?

You could justify it yourself if you take a look. There's no point in getting involved in philosophical discussions (arguments) about beliefs here. People have their unchanging views, and that's fine.

If you are here to improve your writing, or to earn some extra money, it's better to concentrate on the skills and earning parts of the site. You may also enjoy the friendly interaction  of people who are writing and earning. This is the primary purpose of these pages.

The religious/political arguments are a distraction. It's fine to post a hub on a religious or political theme. Don't get distracted by the back and forth in the forums.

1. alqx profile image61
          alqxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well said. That you phrase it like this way it suddenly makes complete sense to me.

I really appreciate your response, and I'm glad it helped you.
            I rarely make 'complete sense". smile but I do believe what I advised above.
            Welcome to HubPages, and wishing you well.

2. saleheensblog profile image62
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, religious hubs are nothing but some unending argument producing nothing good for the community or individual.

3. shazwellyn profile image85
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Rochelle has given you some helpful tips. 

Write what you know and what you love.  Produce useful content with lots of capsules.  Participate in the forums and dont be afraid to ask for guidance.  Enjoy participation and read other's hubs (only if you are genuinely interested).  Make comments on other people's hubs, ensure these are useful - 'share' hubs on digg, blogger and others under this button (it will appear on the hub... you will see it, but only if you really find the reading useful), rate hubs up and let people know that you appreciate their writing - possibly on comments.  Join as a follower to those you enjoy reading from.

Dont get bogged down and hung up on your authorscore (this will just drive you barmy!), just strive to be a 75 for the time being. 

Most importantly, get addicted to Hubpages - like the rest of us! hehehe

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I'm amazed you even learned to type at the age of 6 days... ooohhh. :p

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe using speech recognition?

1. 0
        sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My sides are hurting! smile

5. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

try not to pick your nose when you're keyboarding - obvious reasons! smile write!  write more!  be happy!

6. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Approach your writing, keywords, and "whatever else" as if you're already earning what you "wouldn't mind earning".  In other words, don't approach HubPages as if you don't really think you can earn anything, and as a result disregard the non-writing aspect of Hubs that will do well.  (That's pretty much what I did, and I ended up with - like - 100 Hubs that really ought to be deleted because they're embarrassing.   lol  )  If I'd known, at the time, people really can/do earn, I would taken a whole lot of things more seriously.   smile  (It doesn't mean you can't write what you enjoy writing.  It just means it's even better to "factor in" a few SEO things that make the writing you enjoy doing earn you some money.)

1. 0
      sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good advice. Enjoyment is key!