jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)

Petition for HubCamp to be filmed.

1. Rhysjc profile image60
    Rhysjcposted 6 years ago

I really think HubCamp should somehow be filmed for everyone to see. I'm thinking perhaps if enough people agree with me then it'll happen. In my mind, HubPages is a website that treats it's community well and with a lot of respect, and part of me expected it to be filmed anyway. So, what does everyone think?

1. Anti-Valentine profile image95
      Anti-Valentineposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, probably a good idea.

If HP can film other things and make video workshops, then I think it would be good if a video was made of this. You don't have to film hubbers or people who attend unless they want to be filmed, but focus on whatever it is that will be covered in the presentation.

I don't see why not. Because a lot of hubbers don't live in the USA or can't attend the HubCamp, and I think HP needs to cater to them too, like you said Rhysjc.

1. Rhysjc profile image60
        Rhysjcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for such a great response! I hope other Hubbers share our views.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
          Simone Smithposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not to worry- both Jason and I shall be going over there armed with cameras and ready to document!  After the event, I'm going to put the footage together with the learning materials we share to make a lovely online equivalent of the HubCamp we just did.  It'll go into the Learning Center, and we'll tweet and FB post about it when it's up big_smile

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
            Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

are all hubcamps going to filmed?

2. SocialNiche profile image59
            SocialNicheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

yeah, they should offer a live web cast on the internet, so people who can't afford to go or people that live in other countries can still attend in one way or another.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Thank you Simone. smile big_smile

3. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

yes!  and how about some pics as it happens for those of us unfortunates who cannot be there?

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

sure...pics would be good!

5. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I'd have loved to have been there, but slow down on the camera thing. Most writers are shy in real life and getting a 'first meeting' with you guys face to face on camera can potentially be overwhelming. The whole video conferencing thing sounded great until you thought about being one of the ones there, especially if your character is more introverted than out.
    I'd like to see 'some' of the meeting. The edited version so that those who didn't want to be filmed could be included once they had relaxed a bit smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you're right Izzy!  i'm not the one that will be filmed...so it's easy to say 'yea, do it' smile...as a matter of fact I don't like getting my pic taken, let alone a video.....i'm sure they will use their judgement well....otherwise....

6. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

You guys don't know what you're missing. We are in a long, dark room with a bright orange and yellow screen at the end.
    It's SRO but we miss you.
    More to follow from the staff,I'm sure.

7. 0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

That would only make me more jealous! But yes, by all means... film it! It will only advertise next year's reunion. smile

8. Cordale profile image76
    Cordaleposted 6 years ago

I know that if it were in my home state I'd be there! But seeing as it is not, I don't see why it shouldn't be filmed either.

1. Super Chef profile image65
      Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree being that I live in UK I will never have a chance to come and see it although working in Canada at minute. Yeah lets film it.

9. MM Del Rosario profile image80
    MM Del Rosarioposted 6 years ago

it would be nice to see the pictures....

10. ParadiseForever profile image55
    ParadiseForeverposted 6 years ago

Hi Simone,
    We all know HP will definitely do something for spreading the occasion among hubbers here. Waiting to see in FB soon! Cheers!

11. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

You ask, we deliver!

You can now watch HubCamp SF's sessions in the Learning Center.  I hope you find them to be useful!

12. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

Just went through the learning center and it is fantastic!  I'll be coming back to study it in detail.  This old dog CAN learn new tricks with help from the hubpage experts on staff.  Thanks!

13. lindajot profile image80
    lindajotposted 5 years ago

yay!  headin over there now to check it out