jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Drop in Traffic - Anyone else notice this today

1. Bima.Purnawan1 profile image56
    Bima.Purnawan1posted 5 years ago

I have checked with three hubber friends. All four of us have had a reported drop in traffic of significant amount. I am talking about 30 - 35% drop over night.

Is this just another temporary glitch in the Hub Page system, as has happened before, or something else. Adsense data seems to show constant traffic so what's up -

anyone have information or ideas on this?

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I am glad it was not just me.  I also saw about a 30% drop for yesterday against a fairly stable baseline.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

My weekends are always lower than weekdays. My traffic looks normal for Monday, but earnings are up.

4. BaliMermaid profile image59
    BaliMermaidposted 5 years ago

When my earnings are up, with Hub Pages showing a drop of 32% in my case, something is wrong. Not the end of the world, he said hopefully!

5. CASE1WORKER profile image84
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

yes, i would agree with the drop.... perhaps all yesterdays halloween revellers are in bed nursing sore heads rather than loggin on

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If it's anything it's going to be the Halloween.

You'll also see drops in traffic on Thanksgiving, Christmas and the 4th of July. As well as a few other notable US public holidays.

6. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

I got a huge boost in traffic from last minute Halloween costume-seekers. I've dropped almost 50% since Friday, but that's to be expected.

7. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

could be a glitch in the hubpages counter, especially if adsense is counting properly.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The best way to check is on Google Analytics.

And hubpages is on a  rolling 24 hour clock so that can also influence what number of traffic is displayed - at different times of day it will say something higher or lower.

8. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

You had Halloween yesterday, Election Day tomorrow and a gazillion kids keeping their parents busy today while they had the day off from school. I'm seeing a drop too, but not totally shocked.

9. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I'm seeing the annual drop I get right after my Halloween surge.  Nothing looks out of the ordinary.

10. Muktu profile image62
    Muktuposted 5 years ago

I had a drop a few days ago, but getting back on track slowly.

1. PegCole17 profile image90
      PegCole17posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Seemed slower than usual for me yesterday but today is looking busier. Of course when you only have 3 visitors it's easy to get excited when another one comes along. lol.

11. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I saw this drop, attributed it to Halloween, things picked up where they left off the very next day.