jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Amazon capsule - Choose Specific Product

1. ThomasE profile image80
    ThomasEposted 6 years ago

Hi, I'm a newbie, and I've been using the Amazon capsule choose specific product option on a lot of my hubs. What I want to know is, if for some reason the product is deleted on Amazon how does the hub fail?

I.e. does it just show up as an empty space?

Does hubpages tell you that the link has failed automatically?

1. Jackson Riddle profile image68
      Jackson Riddleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Funny you should ask, I had something similar when for some reason although the page on amazon existed (for my new hub I created today) it said no product could be found.

So it does seem that hubpages tells you the link has failed.

2. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you will see a broken link alert. I am not sure though if it is applicable for amazon. WryLit will come soon and answer you soon. lol

1. kirstenblog profile image75
        kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

WryLit has been rockin on those answers of late hasn't she?!?! Probably deserves a little badge maybe even a job with HP big_smile

1. saleheensblog profile image59
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

Wrylit, Nillie Hoxie, Spacey Gracey... can be our new Amazon Officers. HP can create posts for them. tongue big_smile

2. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

I think that it is some kind of blip - this problem affected a number of people a few weeks ago, but I have also had it happen again to a lesser extent over the last couple of days.

1. Polly C profile image88
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually that doesn't answer your question - sorry. If the product is not available on Amazon it will simply say 'no products found', but you will not have a way of knowing this unless you view the hub.

1. ThomasE profile image80
        ThomasEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for your answer, Jackson Riddle, saleheensblog, and Polly C . Interesting, but a bit worrying. I'd hoped to set and forget these hub pages, just coming back to them if I had something to add.

1. daybreak profile image68
          daybreakposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As a follow up to this, is the Amazon capsule the best way to "spotlight" a single amazon item?

Coming from the "other" revenue sharing content site, I am used to having a specific "Amazon spotlight module" for this type of need.

1. lrohner profile image85
            lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. The only options you have for featuring Amazon products are through the Amazon capsules or through product links. HubPages limits you to two links per hub to any one domain, though, so you could only have two per hub to Amazon.

working