have you evever killed anyone?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (38 posts)
  1. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

Many people have killed for many reasons. I am not a pacifist but I don't think I could kill, for any cause. Yet,I hate injustice and want to intervene.Does that make me ....!

1. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are u a investigator? Even ignoring one person for some reason is like killing. You admit now?

seanorjohnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Strangely enough we have hubbers who have admitted this. We have hubbers for instance that have written something similar to " my life as a terrorist".
        I am not judging, just asking. But I can see you might be shocked.

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Given necessary circumstance, I would kill without hesitation or regret.

I had someone threaten me with a bicycle chain once. Whipping it around his head and coming at me. I ducked, picked him up, and threw him through a store front window. I suppose that could have killed him, but it didn't.  It did change his mind rather suddenly smile

There was no thought involved, it was pure reaction. I certainly didn't remember that there was a window behind me. I just did what I needed to do. If I had a gun in my hand I would have shot him just as quickly.

So, you couldn't have just asked him politely " Can I help you, young man".

That's the English way or British way.

1. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You would have been killed, then.  It's that simple.

2. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

Seanorjohn, you've always struck me as a very intelligent person, but do you honestly think if a person did kill somebody that they'd be stupid enough to admit it in an online forum? I mean, you'd have to be some kind of moron to do that.

no offense to you, but I'm just saying.

Apologies Steven, my last reply should have been to you. Thank you for thinking it was unusual for me being moronic.

But, believe it or not, Hubbers have admitted to killing others. We live in a strange world. I won't mention them by name cos I haven't got a problem or want to make their lives difficult.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't calling you moronic seanorjohn, as you kind of missed my point. I was saying the person who kills someone, then publicly admits it is moronic.  That's all I was saying.   Not that I condone murder or violence in any way, but I'm just saying.  I'm sorry for not making that clearer.  It's an interesting query, as I'll be interested to see what people say in this forum.

3. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

The hub you are referring to was written by a an ex military man who served his country proudly. War is a sad fact of life and people die in war.
    The hub is not so seemly or shady as this thread makes it sound.

Ohma, I wasn't referring to any hub. I certainly would never run down the Republican cause in Ireland.
      I know you were prob thinking of *****1916 but I wasn't.

I just don't like injustice. Simple.

2. seanorjohn profile image71

Ohma, I wasn't referring to any hub.I don't know what hub you are referring to. I was speaking generally. But I do know that people who die for a just cause, they believe in, deserve respect. And I certainly didn't mean to give disrespect.

I certainly wouldn't aim criticism towards a country that has been discriminated  against whether you are called Sean or John.

4. seanorjohn profile image71

Steved I didn't take offence and by the way I really enjoy your hubs.

1. profile image0

Thanks Seanorjohn.  I appreciate you saying that; that's very nice of you.  I always found your opinions in forums to be quite enlightening and insightful.  I didn't know you were into movies.

Steven, I have to admit I am mostly into movies cos of my son who is studying film studies at uni.

When he graduates in a few months we can swap ideas.

1. profile image0

That's very interesting, so I take it your son wants to become a director or something?

Yes, you will hear about him soon. He has been writing for mags such as "uppror" at the moment. His interest is in film, music, fashion and the weirdness of it all.

Apologies for not leaving comments on your hubs, I am a voracious reader but not writer.

1. profile image0

No worries. I sometimes do that myself whenever I read hubs, as I'll read them, but I'll sometimes forget to leave a comment on them.  I should probably stop doing that though, but I hate to be one of those hubbers that just says something generic like nice hub or whatever. If I'm going to say something, I'd rather it be something insightful.  Not saying there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm just speaking for myself.  Lol.  Sorry, I tend to ramble sometimes.  lol.

Thanks steven, I now just vote up etc..

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

No people, at least not directly and intentionally. A couple of dogs, countless roaches and ants. Pretty much it smile

1. profile image0

same here.  I put my dog down recently a few months ago, but that was because he had all sorts of health issues.  other than that, i would have to say just insects and spiders, as they just freak me out.  Ironic, considering spider-man was one of my favorite superheros as a kid.

2. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile roll

6. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Only a year ago I was house-sitting for friends when the dogs started barking. I got up and a big, bloody guy was in the back patio area.

He saw me peek out the window and started slamming the back door. I called 911, then grabbed the biggest knife I could find in the kitchen and waited.

In about a minute my worst fears came true when I saw the double doors start to open up. Somehow all the banging made the locks come loose enough, cheap crap!

Anyways I rushed over to the door with the knife at the ready as he opened up the doors wide. I made a slashing motion while yelling get back!

Luckily he was very drunk and just stopped. I told him to sit down and then the cops came.

However if he had came into the house I was all set to stab him multiple times. I was even thinking as I saw him if the knife blade I had was strong enough to go through his clothes and bones.

Anyone, anytime, is capable of doing anything under the right circumstances. smile

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep, that correlates with my observations smile

Misha, I know you are the God of all things adsense etc.
        I beg you to read one of my hubs and improve it .......I will give you 99.99 % of all revenue.

Misha, do not turn your nose up at this offer. I have made $5 in 1 year. Oh, that is not very enticing. Is it/ Oh well.

2. seanorjohn profile image71

My God, What abrfill reply. I forgot my question. Did you answer it. No, I can't take any more.

Well done.

3. Happyboomernurse profile image83
      Happyboomernurseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think anyone really knows until they're life actually is threatened, just how far they'd go to defend themselves and their family.
      Fortunately that drunken, bloody guy who broke into your house had enough sense to sit down when you ordered him to.

4. Lifeallstar1 profile image61
      Lifeallstar1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

WOW Bill! That must have been so scary.  I would have wanted to kill him just for scaring me that much!  wink  That man is one lucky guy. Not sure what I would have done. Hopefully, I'll never need to find out. BTW, Why was he so bloody?

1. Lifeallstar1 profile image61

Or is that the UK version of bloody? That would make sense.

2. Bill Manning profile image69
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi there lifeallstar1, how is your holidays going? To answer your question, it turns out he and a guy at a party just two doors down got drunk and started fighting.

He got a screwdriver shoved in his eye and ear, yeah it was bad. He actually thought he was at that house and was trying to get inside the back way to get help.

How he got two houses down I have no idea. To top it all off it was Halloween and I had just gone to Universal Studios Halloween horror nights. He looked just like one of the zombies, all blood with a white shirt on, bald too! hmm

Edit : no not UK bloody, I'm in Orlando Florida, lol!

1. profile image0

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you Bill, as that sounds like quite the experience.  Glad to hear nobody got hurt, at least not fatally I mean.

1. Bill Manning profile image69
            Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, needless to say I had a hard time going back to sleep! It's actually a very nice area, this was the first time anything like that ever happened there.

It just had to be the ONE time I house sit for them!  roll

1. profile image0

Well hopefully, you got paid some pretty good money for house sitting, for that one night.

2. Lifeallstar1 profile image61

Hi Bill! I'm just finishing up finals so I've been non-stop studying. Next week I will be finished and able to enjoy the holidays. I can't wait! Thanks for asking. I hope you are enjoying the holidays! smile   

I know you are from Florida that is why I was confused. I could not imagine seeing an actual bloody guy banging on my door though LOL Now hearing the rest of it I have a feeling that poor guy would have been dead and I'd be in a mental hospital if it had been me.  I give you a lot of credit for handling it that well. I'm freakin' out just thinking about it!  LOL

7. seanorjohn profile image71

Possibly, but at least you would have demonstrated impeccable manners. It would read well on your tombstone.

8. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

Personally, I'm a pacifist by nature but if I thought a person was going to try to kill me or anyone that I cared about, then I'd probably abandon those beliefs in a heart beat.  Sadly, we don't live in a perfect world, and sometimes you might find yourself in a situation where it's kill or be killed.  I for one would hope that I would never have to make such a decision in my life.  However, if it came down to either me or some burglar trying to kill me, then I'd probably have to choose him.  Sure, I'd feel guilty about it, but I'd be alive.

I agree, I would kill to save my own life and certainly my familys life. I just would give some people such as burglars the benefit of the doubt.
      Many of them are frightened cowards who don't want conflict. They are not all psychos. They just want to steal are stuff without any fuss. Annoying, but not worthy of death penalty.

9. profile image0
    Dalyinxposted 13 years ago

Fortunately, I've never been in a situation where I felt like I'd have to hurt someone for my safety.  If such a situation were to arise, however, I'm sure I would do what was necessary to ensure my longevity.

In short, no I haven't killed anyone.  I don't plan on killing anyone either.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)