jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

New Feature Suggestion: Viewing our List of Hubs

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago

Good morning, folks,

I thought it would be helpful if we had options of how to view the list of our hubs when we pull them up under "my account." Right now, they're listed by hub score, but I'd like there to be a feature where we could view them according to the dates the hubs were published as well.

What does everyone else think?

1. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds good to me.

2. Edweirdo profile image96
    Edweirdoposted 5 years ago

If you click on the headings in the "my account" page you can sort the hub list by date, name, etc...

1. Mikeydoes profile image81
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, that is normally what I do as well. It can sort quite a few things actually.

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

You can also view subset lists of hubs as well.smile

4. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I would like the readers to be able to view a list.  I retain a list on a spreadsheet but what if the readers wanted to see everything from that writer?

Some writers are very prolific and as a new writer, I am trying to figure out what works for others for me to copy.

Right now I write just scattered.  Is this what successful writers do?  Or are they more focused on certain topics?

1. Pandoras Box profile image82
      Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow, GMA, 249 hubs in 10 months is outstanding!

I kinda think it's better to at least work in groups whenever you can. It reduces researching time if you can get at least a few hubs out of each topic.

Donna click the headings at the top of each column in your account. Once will get you least to most, twice will get you most to least.

2. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Awesome idea, GMA. I don't know why I didn't think of it actually, particularly since I highlight the hubs on my profile that constitute a series to be read in order, so that everything in a particular series is always visible.

5. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

The original publication date of a hub should probably not be public. If a hub gets copied and the copying site claims a publication date before the publication date on HubPages then things can turn really nasty when trying to prove to Google who published first. I don't think HubPages will implement such a feature...

1. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with the pub date not being public. Maybe HP can incorporate this into the programming somehow when the list is viewed by the public. Quite frankly, seeing a hub score probably wouldn't make a lot of sense either to someone who isn't an HP writer, but that's not a big deal I don't think. That'll just be one of those "huh?" things when outsiders see it...LOL smile