jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Maddie, Mark, other experienced hubbers - help please - format stuff

1. teeray profile image74
    teerayposted 8 years ago

Experienced hubbers - I require some guidance in altering the font in my capsules to a readable size 9 Arial or something similar. I messed around in the editing capsule but font always changes back to standard, which is too big for some stats I'm displaying about chuckwagons. My hub will end up substandard if I cannot 'make more room' for commentary bits and explain what the stats are about.

I went through helpfiles already and through 12 pages of forum 'help' stuff already, just in one forum section - and have spent at least another 90min checking out 'all' the forums - just in case...

If there are 'how-to' hubs on this, I didn't find them yet - nor did I find what I was looking for in the forums...now I KNOW some tech-minded, code-minded hubber has written all about this stuff, right?

Guidance, please? Before Maddie flags my hub? *pssssssssst* Maddie - I read somewhere that you are nicer to people if we send you $5000 or some such sum in unmarked small bills? lol I only have monopoly money, so.....

2. Mark Knowles profile image62
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I can't help I'm afraid - all my hubs are formatted as standard. But - I think Relache does something clever along these lines - take a look at hers and ask her smile

3. teeray profile image74
    teerayposted 8 years ago

You Rock, Mark - thx - I will check on the aforementioned hubber - I'm on her fanlist...so I know where to find her! *nods*

What's your address? I have a neatly packed bundle of a bazillion monopoly 500's comin' your way...

(wow - that was a fast reply...my coffee pot didn't get a chance to finish perkin' yet after I posted)

Thx again!

4. Mark Knowles profile image62
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

My pleasure - Sorry I can't help - Stick to the basic is my motto smile

5. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Wow, I just thought everyone used standard lol. But I'm sure what your talking about is going to the text capsule and highlighting all the text or the text you want to be smaller and hit the X with the small 2 to Subscript it. That makes it smaller then the standard.

Hope that helps-if it doesn't sorry its all I know how to do to make it smaller,

6. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

I find it's much easier to put stats into an image than to put them in as text. You can size them to be readable at either full-width or half-width image size, and you don't have to mess about with tabs and spaces - you just set them up in a table before you take the picture.

7. teeray profile image74
    teerayposted 8 years ago

thranax - thank you for the suggestion. I think subscripting will make things too small, but in a pinch I will try that.

inspirepub/Jenny - I was wondering if I was going to have to do what you mentioned - make an image of the text...I was hoping to avoid that 'cos I've never done it before and I'm being a chickensh(star)t lol

Well - off to learn how to do that - what I will be basically doing is making a text file then taking a screenshot, right?

thx all for the help so far

1. Inspirepub profile image88
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, there should be a "Print Screen" button on your keyboard somewhere, which puts an image of the screen on the clipboard, then you just paste into an image editor and away you go.

I was wary about it, too - had never done it before I made my How To RSS Feed Hub - but it's really not difficult at all.

8. terenceyap07 profile image61
    terenceyap07posted 8 years ago

Jenny's got a good point there. If you don't have an image editor, you can try one called "paint.net". It's free and it has about 70% of the tools that the leading image editor has.

9. embitca profile image80
    embitcaposted 8 years ago

The Gimp is also a free image editor and pretty easy to work with.