jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I know Helium gets a bad rap sometimes, and I'll be first to say that I don't agree with all their policies. For payment for articles in Marketplace, however, they're hard to beat. I've already sold 3 articles there this month for $75 each, and I was just notified that I sold an article to a Christian magazine for $120.

If you really want to make a living as a freelance writer, you have to broaden your horizons, so to speak. Hubpages is the best for Adsense sharing, but if you augment earnings every month by selling a few articles, too, you'll be more successful.

2. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago

ya easy to say mrs 100 + 7229+ 19+ 727+2003 = hmm:

ok good point then.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Kimbo, I always enjoy your quirky sense of humor! It's a lot like mine! lol

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You misspelled "quirt" lol

1. habee profile image92

LOL! Think Kimbo has a quirt hiding in her closet? Aha! Another thing we have in common!

3. sagebrush_mama profile image82
    sagebrush_mamaposted 5 years ago

Just started writing a bit there...tied for first in the first contest I did, and earned nearly $80 my first month between that, and some marketplace articles...it seems like a much different approach, in that you are writing to the same titles as others, and in that you really need to have your complete article before you enter it, whereas on HubPages you are striving for unique titles, and you can stop and come back.

Trying to talk my brother, who has a minor in journalism, to give it a look.  It's an interesting way to brush up on writing skills.

1. habee profile image92

I've written a couple of hubs about it, if you're interested.

1. rmcrayne profile image94
        rmcrayneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm definitely interested.  Thanks wild woman. smile

4. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Great tip - I will look more seriously at Helium - thank you very much!

5. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 5 years ago

Habee, glad you made the post. I had 46 articles up and about $13 in earnings that I let slide. I should go back to basics. You've done really well in the marketplace. I had some highly rated articles but I didn't make anything in marketplace. I started writing for Assoc Content, then Helium, then hubpages and last year Examiner and Demand Studios. I couldn't keep up with it and i've got a few blogs that are blah now. So I've given Hubpages most of my attention since good article titles have been hard to find on Demand Studios.

Helium has really improved just like Hubpages and AC, too. This may inspire me to reactivate my account to augment my earnings.

1. habee profile image92

Don, sometimes it's hard to break into Marketplace, but it seems like once you figure out what publishers want, it gets a lot easier!