jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Help! I have 0 HubKarma!

1. Diana Eichlin profile image60
    Diana Eichlinposted 6 years ago

I just signed up yesterday and I am learning how to use HubPages.  Today I published my first Hub and am working on getting Google as an affiliate.  I was looking around and noticed that my HubKarma was 0 and that my Hub only rated a 50. Can anyone help me or have tips on getting my ratings up and getting around easier for information on writing these hubs and about affiliates?
    Thank you in advance for your help!

1. Mrs. J. B. profile image61
      Mrs. J. B.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

you will do fine. I started off with a 50 too.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Almost everyone does. Your post would be easier to understand if you told us what the score is now.

Diana Eichlinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The score next to the title of the article is now 55.  The score next to my photo went from 30 to 29.  It is about 2 days since I wrote the article.

1. profile image0

Well, I was addressing Mrs. J. B., but thanks for the information and good luck!

2. leahlefler profile image96
      leahleflerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Diana, don't worry! Hub scores will fluctuate a little, and generally rise over time. I've had some drop down to the high 40's, and they are now in the low 80's. Keep writing quality material and your scores will go up!

Thanks for the support and the helpful advice.
        Diana

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Thanks for answering.  These links look helpful.  Thanks for your help.
      Diana

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Google does not care about - or even know about - HubKarma, which is purely for your own consumption, invisible to anybody else. The HubPages editor has a link suggestion feature, which you can use to easily create internal links, which in turn should lift your HubKarma score, in case that is important to you.

Thanks for answering.  I really am not sure if it is important, that is why I asked.  I appreciate your help.
      Diana

1. profile image0

You are welcome. Some Hubbers do care a lot about it, others are relaxed, and quite many are completely indifferent.

In my opinion, HubKarma was invented because inter-linking benefits the HubPages site as a whole, so they want to encourage people to do so.

The HubKarma score may have a marginal importance for your author score. On the other hand, the author score itself is also mostly a vanity number.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubkarma

1. KristenGrace profile image60
          KristenGraceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm one of those who are "indifferent."  Write what is best for you and your own goals, Diana, and remember numbers with HubPages will go up and down, but if you always are writing your best work, that's all that matters.

Best of luck!! smile

Thanks for your support and helpful advice.
            Diana

working