jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

February Earnings have Dipped

1. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I was excited that February had started with a bang. In the first week I was making close to $3 a day. But since the last three days the earnings have dipped though traffic remains almost constant. I have not even made a total of 50 cents in the last three days combined earnings. Has it happened to any one else too?

1. leahlefler profile image97
      leahleflerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm a newbie so my earnings are hit and miss, but my adsense revenue took a dip for a couple of days (no earnings one day, and then a few cents for the next couple of days). I earned about $2 again today (last night, really), so perhaps it was a temporary lull? I was hoping that people trapped by the snow would be online, lol!

2. 0
      ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was very enthusiastic how February started off, but now it's dipping!

2. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 5 years ago

Hi Sid

I tend to find I quite often have a good couple of days, then a less good few days, then it picks up again, then it drops, etc, etc, etc

What I do find is that overall the up's become higher and the drops less steep, so overall things head in the right direction even if they take a few detours along the way.

A few days drop is nothing to worry about - it's just the grand cycle of things - it will get better again smile

3. CMHypno profile image91
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

I think that you need to start thinking about longer increments of time Sid. Look at your figures monthly and compare to the same month last year. Do not heap too much misery on yourself smile

4. sid_candid profile image59

That is so inspiring cre8tive but with 300 hubs I was expecting I wouldn't have a zero day which I almost had yesterday as I made only few cents. Hope things improve soon. The good thing is that traffic has not decreased.

1. CMHypno profile image91
      CMHypnoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you need to spend some time tweaking and optimising your hubs. 300 is a big number - maybe some further keyword research?

5. sid_candid profile image59

I too feel so. I am tweaking my older hubs which are non performers and also spending more time on keyword research. Hope things improve with time.

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

Sid think about a unique angle for everyone of your hubs. Something that no one else is talking about. In those competitive niches you have to be really unique. Then research the keywords and try to find a underutilized keyword phrase for that paragraph. But don't stop there. Write your paragraph so that you'll attract several longer phrases based on that shorter one. Don't worry if the longer phrases aren't in the keyword tool. The long tail is often invisible to reasearch.

Even if it's adding a book about the topic at the end, or something like that. Just describe whatever you add in minute detail.

If you're traffic isn't decreasing, but you're making less money, it means either HubPages is getting all the paying traffic on their impressions or your getting traffic that doesn't want to spend money. Try thinking about how to attract buyers - not lookers.

I agree with 300 hubs you shouldn't be having zero days.

7. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

this is such a power-packed paragraph. thanks for sharing such great advice.

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 5 years ago

My Feb. is going well, with several $30+ days already. Since I shared this, my earnings will prolly be jinxed. I'll probably make like $1 tomorrow. lol

1. 0
      ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Seems to be so habee, as soon you it out loud, lol

2. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Now i thought that only happens to me lol