jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Looking for critiques on my first hub

1. AbbieWaters profile image60
    AbbieWatersposted 5 years ago

Hi, I just published my first hub and was wondering how well it works. I welcome any critiques you can give.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Best-Camera … hotography

1. kschang profile image92
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My problem with the hub is it doesn't distinguish between the simple digital cameras, vs. more complicated "super-zooms", or even the digital camcorders with snapshot capabilities.

There's also not much explanation on what makes each kind of cameras more or less suitable for street photography. I think you need to put in some bullet points, like "what are important factors for street photography", like weight, fast focus, fast zoom, and so on. And evaluate each category of cameras against the factors for pros and cons.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

You have a nice hub for a starter hub.

(a) Too many keywords/tags for such a short article. To optimize, you should use between 9-15 keywords/tags for articles up to 1500 words. An article 1500 words or more then you can go up to 40 keywords/tags. If you have under 1500 words, but have more than 20 tags(max), then you are likely to be flagged for excessive keywords/tags by Hubpages moderators.

(b) The first text capsule should never have a picture next to it, because the space next to it, should be for Adsense ads. As you look at your hub, you can see a white space next to the ads Google has placed on your hub. What caused it? The picture you put in place next to your text capsule. It pushed down Google's ad, which opened up the white space on the left side. To avoid this issue, never put anything next to the first text capsule and make sure you put enough text into the text capsule to trigger Google's ad next to it. You can use the "preview" feature while in edit mode.

The picture you have along side your first text capsule, should be moved down on along side the poll you have following your first text capsule. Then the ads will move back into position, and the picture will take up space next to your poll. It will also eliminate the white space under your text capsule.

I hope that helped. smile

3. AbbieWaters profile image60
    AbbieWatersposted 5 years ago

Casgil, thanks very much for your helpful suggestions. I didn't know about the first text capsule needing that right hand space for ads. I'll change that right away, along with reducing the keyword repetition in the text and the number of tags.

4. kevinwang128 profile image61
    kevinwang128posted 5 years ago

just write write write and you will get hang of it XD

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That would not be productive. wink