jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is it right to add a text capsule or a picture to a hub I wrote long ago?

1. remaniki profile image80
    remanikiposted 5 years ago

Is it right to add a text capsule or a picture to a hub I wrote long ago?

I like to go through my hub especially when I get a comment on one of my older hubs. Sometimes I feel that there could have been some more information there. Is it ok to add some more text matter or a picture to the hub?

2. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Your encouraged to do it! I'm doing that to all my hubs at present even though I got just a few as that helps make them better.

Check this out: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/95536

3. Dale Hyde profile image82
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

A revision is always a good thing with any hub. I would strongly encourage such! I have revised many of my hubs as well.  One thing I do after revising is to go to Google Webmaster Tools, and find my HP page there, click on Diagnostics and then Fetch as Googlebot....and post the revised hub link..... and then have them index it. This will send out the Googlebot to index the page with the new revisions and get it out there quicker than awaiting the random Google spidering of your page.

4. nicregi profile image77
    nicregiposted 5 years ago

Yes definitely. Why not?

This is because every hub deserves a make over or touch-up from time to time. I usually add them to my high traffic hubs just to push for more chance of backlinks and even better traffic!

5. chivs86 profile image81
    chivs86posted 5 years ago

I think yes.  If you find looking back at a hub even if it's old that you can make improvements than you should to not only draw new readers in, but to better your work.  I do this all the time when I notice things that can be done, I've never thought there was ever any problem with it, as long as the work is still relevant.

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

As far as I know, it is absolutely fine to add photos, new text, or any other feature to enhance or update an old hub.  Many people change titles (but not urls) and make other changes to hubs they wrote in the past. 

If a hub is informational, there might be new details to add. Or perhaps you realize a photo is from a source that we shouldn't use.  Or you notice that your early hubs could use a little loving from the skills you learned as you continued to write!

7. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Of course you can edit, add, remove, delete, or do whatever you want to your hubs at any time.  They are your Hubs, they do not belong to HubPages.

8. robie2 profile image97
    robie2posted 5 years ago

It's not only right, it is a good idea to update older hubs every few months to make sure the information is up to date.  Adding a bit of text is a good thing and Google likes it too:-)  Be careful when adding pictures to add pictures you have the right to use and to give proper attribution. Google likes that too.

I've revised many of my hubs and it almost always results in better rankings and traffic so go ahead-- add more text and a couple of new pictures... even a video

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

It would be wrong to NOT do what should be done to improve something you have here.  You owe it to yourself to represent your work online in a respectful and serious way.  Not "serious" as in non humour, but "serious" as in ....professional.