jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

A fan's request ~ What would you do?

1. DJ Funktual profile image86
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

Dear Funktual,

I never have been to youtube in all my life until I came to teach Koreans English.  I have found that at night, I have tons of time on my hands and episodes of Frasier and King of Queens have run out.  I started looking at old music I used to love when I was a child, I was an '80s baby.  Then I started listening to old hip hop that I wasn't supposed to listen to when I was little but did anyway.  Then I found you and I am very much in love with you sir.  Or your passion for music anyway.  You know so much.

I feel really pathetic asking you, but here it goes....Do you have a facebook account?  Eghhh, I can't even look at the screen to write the question.  Not that this is a personal ad or that my facebook is, I just like people who like music.  What I;m saying is...be my digital world friend?  I'm 26 and for most of my life I live in Minneapols, Minnesota.  Not this year tho ugh.  Write me back if only to say this letter is inappropriate.

Katie

p.s. my facebook name is James Freund hubbers! Come and find me!

2. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

Sounds like a very loving fan.

ProCW

3. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I'd ignore her.

Seriously.  Whackos.

1. ProCW profile image84
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Agreed! big_smile

4. DJ Funktual profile image86

Really?   Awww.  i thought it was sweet/weird.   Call her Sweeird!

5. spryte profile image88
    spryteposted 8 years ago

I think you should count to 100...yell "Ready or not, here I come!" and then try to find her...or him...Katie...James...should make your search more challenging either way.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image84
      Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Shim

6. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

I have received a few weird emails like that I just delete them smile.

7. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

I make it a policy not to have any friends on social networking sites that I don't actually know in person.  I think it's a good policy.  I'm sticking with it.

8. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Don't we have enough spam posted in the forums already without people reprinting their personal spam?

1. DJ Funktual profile image86
      DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ouch.  I didn't realize it was spam.  Take it easy.

1. SweetiePie profile image84
        SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I did not think it was spam, I just thought you were curious about what to do.  Maddie had a good suggestion smile.

9. DJ Funktual profile image86

Okay thanks.

10. spryte profile image88
    spryteposted 8 years ago

It was spam?  Hmm...it's strange for sure, but I didn't see any references to penis enlargement.  THAT'S what threw me....if there had been one offer to sell me a watch, or send money in any fashion...I  might have seen it for what it was...

*rolls eyes*

My how cynical some of us have become...and here I just thought it was a slightly creepy fan letter.

No harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned DJ.

11. DJ Funktual profile image86

Yeah I give people the benefit of the doubt all the time b/c I don't know squat about internet etiquette but spam?     Some are helpful and some are obnoxious.

I'm about half and half myself so I don't point fingers.

working