A fan's request ~ What would you do?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)
  1. DJ Funktual profile image75
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

Dear Funktual,

I never have been to youtube in all my life until I came to teach Koreans English.  I have found that at night, I have tons of time on my hands and episodes of Frasier and King of Queens have run out.  I started looking at old music I used to love when I was a child, I was an '80s baby.  Then I started listening to old hip hop that I wasn't supposed to listen to when I was little but did anyway.  Then I found you and I am very much in love with you sir.  Or your passion for music anyway.  You know so much.

I feel really pathetic asking you, but here it goes....Do you have a facebook account?  Eghhh, I can't even look at the screen to write the question.  Not that this is a personal ad or that my facebook is, I just like people who like music.  What I;m saying is...be my digital world friend?  I'm 26 and for most of my life I live in Minneapols, Minnesota.  Not this year tho ugh.  Write me back if only to say this letter is inappropriate.

Katie

p.s. my facebook name is James Freund hubbers! Come and find me!

2. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

Sounds like a very loving fan.

ProCW

3. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

I'd ignore her.

Seriously.  Whackos.

1. ProCW profile image79
      ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Agreed! big_smile

4. DJ Funktual profile image75

Really?   Awww.  i thought it was sweet/weird.   Call her Sweeird!

5. spryte profile image75
    spryteposted 15 years ago

I think you should count to 100...yell "Ready or not, here I come!" and then try to find her...or him...Katie...James...should make your search more challenging either way.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image70
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Shim

6. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I have received a few weird emails like that I just delete them smile.

7. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

I make it a policy not to have any friends on social networking sites that I don't actually know in person.  I think it's a good policy.  I'm sticking with it.

8. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

Don't we have enough spam posted in the forums already without people reprinting their personal spam?

1. DJ Funktual profile image75
      DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ouch.  I didn't realize it was spam.  Take it easy.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I did not think it was spam, I just thought you were curious about what to do.  Maddie had a good suggestion smile.

9. DJ Funktual profile image75

Okay thanks.

10. spryte profile image75
    spryteposted 15 years ago

It was spam?  Hmm...it's strange for sure, but I didn't see any references to penis enlargement.  THAT'S what threw me....if there had been one offer to sell me a watch, or send money in any fashion...I  might have seen it for what it was...

*rolls eyes*

My how cynical some of us have become...and here I just thought it was a slightly creepy fan letter.

No harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned DJ.

11. DJ Funktual profile image75

Yeah I give people the benefit of the doubt all the time b/c I don't know squat about internet etiquette but spam?     Some are helpful and some are obnoxious.

I'm about half and half myself so I don't point fingers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)