jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is a good eCPM average to maintain in order not to get banned

1. 0
    Multimanposted 5 years ago

I read on hubs somewhere somene got banned for a eCPM being to high, what is the figure that could get you banned/  Someone answered her but I cannot find the location where I first read it, nor can I remmeber the percentage that was given.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How do you intend to "maintain" it?

2. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol what Pcunix said. You can not maintain it, but you can increase chances for it to be higher.

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

I think you just read something wrong, or was written wrong.

eCPm can have a vast difference between publishers based on their CTR or CPC.

A publisher who writes strictly about car insurance may enjoy a $20+ eCpm
    (But has a harder time getting traffic)

A publisher who writes about farmville may enjoy a $1 eCpm but can get mobs of traffic.

So Cpc will rarely be a "flag" or negative strike towards an adsense publisher , quite the opposite actually.

But very high CTR can be a sign of issues with the publisher and can bring manual review and if appropriate banning from the program.

Poor writing and intentionally tricky (misleading) placement and formatting can lead to abnormally high CTR.

by my anecdotal knowledge 2% is a good clickthrough rate for an average hubber (accountwide) 4-6% is good for an honest ad-sense monetized site that uses best placement practice - as you creep higher than that you are likely to be using suspicious practices.

Individual hubs or web pages may sometimes have just the perfect advertisers and be higher than the norm - so i wouldn't freak if you see individual hubs performing out of that range.

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 5 years ago

With each impression and click and the amount a click is worth, changes the eCPM.

All it is saying is that if you were to paid for a thousand impressions per the rate that you're currently got for clicks, then that is how much you'd get.

It is something out of your control, and is just a snapshot of the effectiveness of your CTR.

4. 0
    Multimanposted 5 years ago

thanks thoe replies really helped I just needed to know what to be on the look out for, probably did hear or read it incorrectly, thanks again.