jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Hubhopping: Question regarding flagging

1. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

I've been hubhopping lately, and I only flag hubs that are obviously spam or against the TOS. I keep running across hubs that I'm not sure what to do about: they seem to be spam, but have some original text.

For instance, they have exactly two links to the same website (the max allowed), and some basic text encouraging people to "check out my website." Many of these are real estate hubs: some basic text about apartments in Ft. Lauderdale, FL (for example), with two links to a real estate website.

So, are these OK, or should they be flagged? There are an awful lot of hubs like this in the hubhopper.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

If the hubs give a brief overview and then tell the viewer to visit the website for more info, I'd say yes, flag away.

3. Laura du Toit profile image90
    Laura du Toitposted 5 years ago

I would say that if you feel unsure about flagging but don't feel that the hub is up to standard flag the hub for review. Remember that the Hubpages staff will then decide whether or not to unpublish the Hub.

4. tritrain profile image76
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

I've been Hubhopping lately too.

It seems like the more I HubHop, the more the staff looks at my Hubs and finds something wrong with them.

Are we better off keeping below the radar?

1. Laura du Toit profile image90
      Laura du Toitposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why would hubhopping have any affect on your own hubs?

I have been hubhopping every day for the last two weeks and am totally astonished at the garbage that gets published here.

None of my hubs have been flagged as a result and I have flagged dozens of hubs! smile

1. tritrain profile image76
        tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Coincidence probably.

I hope.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I can't tell you the number of substandard hubs I have come across that one person, always the same person, has said it was great... I know he/she is looking for followers obviously.

6. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I went hubhopping again after reading this, and now my head is sore.
    It's all those obviously badly spun hubs that get me, then you look at the profile and see they have put 30 hubs up in 2 hours or whatever.